What is the best PC remote software for non business use?

Lightingbird

I'm trying to find a remote solution to use while I am at work to connect to my windows machine at home. I have a fast connection at home(60d/5u) and I want something that can take advantage of that speed, little to notice lag(so if Im running programs or games), sound, and any other perks.

I've looked into Gotomypc, PCanywhere, Radmein, and even considered logmeinPro. I considered VNC but it does not allow streaming or sound. Either way, price is not a option. I'm just trying to find the best, not cheap or small, solution.

Any ideas?

Try netmeeting if your on XP or something.

Other then that the OS has remote built in. Just use the OSes. If you dont know how then just try netmeeting even if your on newer OS. gl

+1

I can't speak for $$ versions or remote software as I've only used the free versions of a few different remote desktop products. I agree with CAMusing. TeamViewer offers lots good functionality

I've looked into Gotomypc, PCanywhere, Radmein, and even considered logmeinPro. I considered VNC but it does not allow streaming or sound.

That said, I don't think any remote desktop product was designed with the intention of supporting the ability to run games or Netflix from your home PC to a remote location (if that's what you're thinking). You'll find both streaming and sound in Teamviewer but its intended to provide an audio/video channel with the person at the remote location~! If it (or any other product) happens to work for home gaming that's just by luck (not intention) which also means it's not a feature that's guaranteed to continue to work well (just IMO)

Isolution to use while I am at work to connect to my windows machine at home ... (so if Im running programs or games), sound, and any other perks.
Be advised, many companies and/or managers would consider this to be cause for dismissal. In today's marketplace, I would not risk a good job by such foolish behavior. Just my $0.02

Back