What is this component?

By DjKraid
Oct 9, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, here again, it's been a while again...
    A while ago I got two motherboards, both were the exact same make n model, the previous owner managed to burn one of them so he got a replacement mobo. Anyhow, the one that's fried only has one tiny visible fault but I have no clue what the component is called and that's where I would need some help.

    I haven't tested if the mobo fires up as it is just because I don't have a spare CPU nor PSU to test it with and I wouldn't want to dismantle my current rig just to test this one out. So I figured that I could just kill some time and fix the only visible fault on the mobo while I "wait" for more parts to test it with. Note that place where the fried part is also smells like fried electronics and no other place on the mobo does that.

    I just need to know what that tiny part is called so that I can look for it in the stores here :)

    Mobo: Asus P6T SE


Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...