What mobo Out of these ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

Me birthday is soon comeing up so that means new comptuer parts for me :haha: so i've been searching around a site i think is good for computer parts but i;ve found 3 motherboards that seem good but cant decide what is better out of them. Below is the motherboards an a link to them on newegg for specs and reviews etc.

ABIT AV8 Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro - (£70 off that site)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127181
I thought this one looked really good till i read the reviews, not sure what way to go with this one

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus A8V Rev.2 Deluxe VIA K8T800 Pro (Socket 939) - (£70)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131541R
This looked very similar to the first one, plus there both the same price but not sure wot ones better

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
GIGABYTE GA-K8NSC-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX - (£55)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128286
Although cheaper this one looked equal to the others, but i'm still not sure

I just wanna make sure i go for the right one instead of regretting getting the wrong one. Wanna make sure i get it right as this will be my first really good computer lol well compared to what i've used up until now (always been on socket A lol :dead: )

I'm getting a AMD 64 3200+ along with this board, and what i'll be transferring into the new one from what i have now is as follows

2 DDR 512 Sticks ( a pc2700 and a pc3200)
2 Hard Drives (80g,40g)
Geforce fx 5700ve 256mb
DVDRW + CDRW etc

Incase any of that affetc teh decision lol could i plz get some advice on where to go ? :)

I have the Abit AV8 3rdEye version and am very happy with it. (AMD64-3000 Winnie, not overclocked, 1.5GB DDR400).

Go to the forums of the respective motherboard-makers and see what people say about it, rather than rely solely on reviews.

To make the most of your new mobo, use 2 memory sticks of equal specs (both PC3200).

Its not refurbished, i just got that link to that one to show you tis specs lol the one im after isnt refurbished(cant spell that) lol :haha:

But yea i agree i dont liek to run on reviews, yea they help but its annoying when you get 2 reviews taht collide lol i just thought mybye you guys had any recommendations. Do you know of any otehr forum that gives good advice?

I agree with DonNagual get the asus but if I were I would be thinking about getting a motherboard with a pci express x16.

the GIGABYTE GA-K8NSC-939 you mentioned would deliver the best performance out of the three, because the others use via chipsets designed with money saving in mind. the nforce3 is also richer in features.

kool so teh gigabyte one would give better performance? cause thats what i;m aiming for, need performance in yer games :p

I'm kinda torn apart between the asus and gigabyte now lol decisions decisions!
Whats pulling me to teh asus is its 1000MHz Hyper Transport lol.

And i;m not wanting to go up to PCI-Express, prefer agp myself (dont ask why cause i dont know lol) plus id have to buy a pci express card as i have an agp just now, an i aint rich on money just now lol

SO think the gigabyte and a AMD 3200 would make a good system then? bearing in mind i'm after performance lol

p.s. after the NForce3 bit (the chipset im guessing) it says 250Gb , what does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back