What went wrong ? Mobo or Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guy... need a little help here. Recently something happen to my computer. It keep freezing (hang) anywhere. It can be bios , during win xp loading, during ram checking , it just bascially freeze anywhere. And also, my cpu temp detected 80 and sometime 36 degree. Could it be my board or cpu toasted ? I unplug everything except HDD , Floppy , video card. But it still not working.I need to on off a few time b4 I get a respond from the monitor.
I using expo 4B2M+ mb wif intel 1.6A chipset.

Welcome to TechSpot

Looks like the cooler is no longer properly mounted on your CPU.
Did you move the PC about recently, kick it in frustration, or did the dog perhaps lift its leg against it?

Hey man ... i did move my pc from my desk to and fro to the floor. I dun know what i have done, i manage to go to bios and set the bios to Fail-safe mode. Now , it running fine again... really dun know what went wrong...
thanks anyway :)

oh man ... the problem come back again .. but this time, i able to log in to window.. use about 30 min then my USDM ( a temp and voltage detector) reported to me tat my +5 is running under 4.5 ... soon after tat .. the screen will freeze. I only able to reboot unless i plug in n out the big cable tat attach to the mb ... i have use multimeter on every single plug all show steady voltage... so what went wrong again ?

Can you please fill in your PC specs under User Profile, at the top-left of this page?
What type power-supply do you have? That may be too small.
Did you check inside the PC to find if anything is hanging loose?

The following signature stat what i connected so far. I unplug the rest (i.e CD-ROM, CD writer)
Alright the problem is:
1) I can on my computer as per normal and everything work fine
2) During window , i keep receive notice like "Voltage under running below 4.5"
3) Window may freeze out of sudden. (but i dun really know what causes it)
4) I can play game (doom 3 , nfs ) , but not too much multitasking.(else system will freeze)
5) My CPU is reading range from 50 to 65 degree *c
6) when ever after freeze, i need to plug in n out the 20 pin ATX connector.(esle the system will not run)
7) The strange thing is ... it work 100% if i plug in n out the 20 pin or shut down window properly

CPU , Power supply or mb fault ?
how to determine for comfrimation ?

I think it is the dubious PSU from Channel Well (made in Taiwan). Its efficiency is only about 68%. The error-message about low-voltage indicates a failing PSU.
Get yourself a better PSU from e.g. Enermax or Fortron, get a 400W or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back