Whats a good power supply to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your budget. Do you need SLI support. Do you want dual +12v? Do you need PCI-E connectors and SATA connectors? 20 pin, 24 pin?

i'm kinda clueless when it comes to actual power supplies, I don't need sli or sata, +12volt connectors, i'm not sure what those are for, graphics card? andd i have one pci-e slot in the comp

I'd look into Enermax 535w or OCZ 520w powerstream. Both are very solid performancers and never a hiccup to my experience. For price-performance balance I'd try the Enermax because it's $80ish at places like Newegg and Monarch. For pure performance buy the OCZ (but it's around $130 or so). Other brands like Antec, Seasonic, Tagan, PC Power & Cooling are also reputable brands.

go on Tom's hardware website and look at their extensive tests of PSUs they did last year. Quite informative. Brand names don't mean didly squat.

Most reputable brands are good for PSUs, the only two exception that comes to my mind immediately are Aspire and ThermalTake. Their power supplies are truly horrendous and an exaggerated peak wattage (say TT 550w, the 550 is the peak, not actual avg. wattage that you get) in a poor attempt to sway users who don't know PSU jargon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back