What's wrong with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

My computer works fine when it comes to windows and programs but as far as the games go, they work like rubbish. My fps is down to 5-30 and that ruins the gameplay..I've noticed that when playing Swat 4 offline, it runs pretty smoothly on 1280 * 1024 and all settings set to high but when I play Hl2/Cs:s or WoW, fps decreases again.
My specs are Fujitsu siemens scaleo t, pentium 4 3 ghz, 1 gig ram, ati radeon 9600 xt 256 mb, 160 gb hdd, Realtek Ac'97.
My drivers are the latest ones and I'm using Ngo optimised drivers 1.56. Also I've overclocked my gfx card to see if that helped but nope, nothing.
What could cause this? A friend of mine said that it could be the hdd, what do u think?I've been fighting with this for a 6 months and without a clue what's going on. So pls techspot, pimp my machine. :p Btw, I've just reformatted and installed xp pro with sp2. Oh and I can't do much with the current bios,i can't put the fast write to off mode, and I know that would increase my fps a lot.

Hmm...

It could yet still be a heating problem, go to Ati and download the lastest drivers, also cleaning out windows might help. If all else fails buy a cheapo hard drive and see it if was your hard drive. If not, you have a back-up hard drive :) Well good luck.

it mgiht be possible u r running some other application in the background try disabling antivirus or any other similar application that u might be running

Thanks, I've downloaded the new drivers and haven't seen any results yet...Well I could try another hdd from our family computer. Hope it will work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back