What's Your Old Graphics Card Now Worth?

I came to 3080 from an EVGA 2080Ti Black and an EVGA 2080Ti FTW3.

I got my 3080 EVGA XC3 Ultra on launch morning.
My 3090 FE is in the mail. But I will sell it towards a Kingpin because I want the built-in, warrantied AIO cooler.

#1. Regardless what people say, both of those cards are 1080p and 1440p beasts. If you are playing on a 1440p curved gaming monitor,any 2080Ti is still worth whatever you paid for it.

#2. People who got suckered into selling their 2080Ti early to avoid depreciation and ended up with nothing due to the 3000 debacle lost most of their value.

It is smarter to ensure your auction on EBay ends late in the launch day of the new product so that you can terminate it if you fail to get the new product- avoiding negative feedback.
#3. The 3070 will “hurt” 2080, 2080 Super and 2080Ti used prices but the key is: the 3070 will face the exact same instant buyout that the 3080 and 3090 did.

If you have nothing at all, you ain’t playing anything at all.

So to answer the question: “what’s your GPU worth”, the answer is: “whatever the free market is willing to pay for it”.

2080Ti prices fell on speculation prior to the 3080 launch, but rose right back up after the launch.

Attachments

• DD9BA54E-2D4E-4787-B33B-44C474DDCBA7.jpeg
    DD9BA54E-2D4E-4787-B33B-44C474DDCBA7.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If you feel they're still worth $1200, I can sell you a dozen or two.

BTW, I didn't realize their performance was better on curved monitors. Thx tip.

Just because something is “worth” a value doesn’t mean I’m buying something I don’t need. I already upgraded. Sell yours on the market and see what auctions bring you.

Most current curved gaming monitors under $2000 are 1080p or 1440p. 4K monitors are typically way more.

I came to 3080 from an EVGA 2080Ti Black and an EVGA 2080Ti FTW3.

I got my 3080 EVGA XC3 Ultra on launch morning.
My 3090 FE is in the mail. But I will sell it towards a Kingpin because I want the built-in, warrantied AIO cooler.

#1. Regardless what people say, both of those cards are 1080p and 1440p beasts. If you are playing on a 1440p curved gaming monitor,any 2080Ti is still worth whatever you paid for it.

Ppl like you are so blind.

I own an Acer Predator X34 3440X1440 monitor. Do I need a RTX 2080Ti? No, I do not and I won't ever need one b/c My GTX 1080 can run WoW Classic at 100 FPS and Civ VI and Medieval II Total War don't need to be ran above 60 FPS.

Even running WoW Classic at 100 FPS is quite un-necessary.

Lessons Learned: You need smt greater than pascal at 1440p only if you are an FPS w*ore. If you play Strategy games, 60 FPS is good enough and thus a GTX 1080 will do just fine.

Yes. I'm still unclear on why curved monitors make a 2080ti run faster than flat ones. Is it because the curve brings the edges closer to the video card?

I don’t benchmark.

I just buy the best and trust it will do the best job at its maximum settings.

Just admit that particular statement was stupid and move on. Curved vs. straight, come on...

Not stupid at all.

Techspot already did the benchmarks for us. All you gotta do is aim where they recommend you aim (to the top) and you needn't worry about the rest.

Either you can - or you can't.

If you can sell at $900 or better, it's a definite win.

I hope you demand immediate payment because right now I don't trust Ebay due to these bot cyberattacks.
Yeah, that's my fear always. I hate selling anything to anyone I don't know. I think the card will sell for over 900 though. 12 watchers currently. I have a feeling it'll sell for over 950. I was shooting for 800 so it's already a win for me. haha

Yeah, that's my fear always. I hate selling anything to anyone I don't know. I think the card will sell for over 900 though. 12 watchers currently. I have a feeling it'll sell for over 950. I was shooting for 800 so it's already a win for me. haha

You have the benefit of having a Founder's Edition. FE will definitely sell at higher prices than a 3rd party - which is why I ordered the 3090FE.

A lot of current 2080Ti owners will buy your card at a discount to add it to their current setup with the NV-link bridge and run both cards simultaneously.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You have the benefit of having a Founder's Edition. FE will definitely sell at higher prices than a 3rd party - which is why I ordered the 3090FE.

A lot of current 2080Ti owners will buy your card at a discount to add it to their current setup with the NV-link bridge and run both cards simultaneously.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Having the FE is going to draw FE buyers my way for the sole purpose of NV-Link. I am hoping I can snag a 3080 FE once all of this crazy stuff dies down. In the mean time, I'll have to rock my old video card and live with just 1080p. First World Problems. haha

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Having the FE is going to draw FE buyers my way for the sole purpose of NV-Link. I am hoping I can snag a 3080 FE once all of this crazy stuff dies down. In the mean time, I'll have to rock my old video card and live with just 1080p. First World Problems. haha

GOOD LUCK to your sale bro. Let me know how it turns out!

GOOD LUCK to your sale bro. Let me know how it turns out!

What's your experience selling used on pc hardware on ebay? I'm always worried about people canceling payment after I ship.

I've only sold used cards for $200 or less for cash on FB marketplace.

What's your experience selling used on pc hardware on ebay? I'm always worried about people canceling payment after I ship.

I've only sold used cards for $200 or less for cash on FB marketplace.

#1 I demand payment immediately after a win. As soon as a person wins, I contact them. Normally I am paid and there's no issue.

#2 I ship immediately after I get the payment confirmation.

All this stuff is insured so I've never had a problem.

I have a 340 Blue Star on Ebay. NO NEGATIVES.

#1 I demand payment immediately after a win. As soon as a person wins, I contact them. Normally I am paid and there's no issue.

Good call. I'll follow that procedure as well. I always insure my packages, just in case. I've never had to file a claim, but having that insurance never hurts especially for higher valued items.

Good advice, Quantum! Thanks for your input!

I sold mine last week for $849 plus tax and shipping!
Just be aware I got a few bids and offers that did not commit.
Good info my friend! I appreciate you sharing that! I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully things go smoothly. We will see. haha

Cool thanks the advice!

Back