When will the hologram gaming be attempted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IH8PunkRok

we have all heard of it
3d worlds in your living room, monsters running after you from all sides as u stand right in the middle of the action.
so when will we get this awesome gaming or is it all just fantasy?

They are probably still trying to draft all the legal paperwork, waivers and end user agreement for the droves of people that will fall, hurt themselves or die of a heart attack playing games in such way.

And you thought technology was the limiting factor! It's all legal barriers now. :D

Sharkfood said:
They are probably still trying to draft all the legal paperwork, waivers and end user agreement for the droves of people that will fall, hurt themselves or die of a heart attack playing games in such way.

And you thought technology was the limiting factor! It's all legal barriers now. :D
I agree in wit your opinion ( although its a satire opinion). But it is partially true. Just take for example the stupid people who tried sueing Nintendo cuz their wrists hurt from using the N. WII numchucks. Or the guy who hit his girlfriend. Or the people who break their plasmas by accidentally throwing he controll.
But it is also hard to get holograms to look real, i huess. I would love this to happen with moivies.

the only hologram projector i know of is a small 8 feet wide unit that hangs from the ceiling
it creates a mist of water that is so fine it cannot be felt by human hands
a person wears a tracking device on their head so the image changes as the person moves
this is the pinnacle of holographic images i have seen so far
its cool but not really practical
imagine having to buy a 20ft x 20ft unit that hangs from your ceiling that sprays water onto your floor. i dont think it will work very well

In my opinion i dont think we will ever see Holo gameplay like you see in Star Trek: TNG. If we do get any type of extremely real VR it would have to be in a matrix-esque (Without the Physical pain/death) type of reality. I say this because it would be very hard to have a large VR area ( Larger than the VR room) because when you try to move outside of the area you would run into a wall, and i dont think a moving floor would be practical.

I think a Matrix style is the only thing we'll see, if ever.....and it will be quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back