Where does Opera store mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

I apparently set Opera to take all the mail away from the Webmail server, and I didn't realize it. Now, when I am stuck with the OS partition it was on being dead, I can't find where it placed those emails ANYWHERE. I have done some googling and checking the official support site, but I can't find anything.

If anyone knows anything that will help me get my emails back, please, let me know! ;)

hum; When you use a Web based email service, nothing is downloaded to your PC.
You send / receive from there and if you delete, they are 'gone forever'.

Opera, IE, Safari, or Firefox can all interface to a web based email system.
To download to your PC, you use an email client program line Outlook Express,
Thunderbird, or Outlook.

Opera does more than just browse the web, it is its own mail client, rss reader, irc chat client, widget user, and probably some other things.

It should be here or something similar:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\mail\

Check it out under the Mail section of opera:config (type that into the address bar).

I looked under Application Data, but I didn't happen to stumble through Roaming. I'll check that out when I get back home at 4:30.

Thanks guys. I should have clarified that I wasn't just using Webmail. :)

my my! never knew that!

using the about:config I find
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\Application Data\Opera\Opera\mail\

and the settings at
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\

Yeh, mine was the path in Vista. jobeard's appears to be XP. But independent of the OS the path should show up in the opera:config page under the Mail heading.

correct. Object was to document both Vista and XP pathing for Opera files in the same thread :)

I love you guys. I never thought about opera:config. I got ALL my emails back thanks to you.\

And FYI, I just copy/pasted the files from their into my current Opera mail folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back