Where in the file header is the user id who modified a file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am a teacher who found a student modified my picture with a threat. I am going crazy to find out who modified my picture. Here is the file. Where is the file header data? I know the file was modified on Oct 20, 2006. I need to know the user ID who modified the file?? Our user ID's on the network are 6 or 7 numbers (like 0100535). Where is that modified user stored in the file header? Thanks for any and all help on this.

Attachments

• friedlander.JPG
    friedlander.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi

I dont think the picture itself stores any info that you require, the only way you could achieve this is to turn on and setup auditing on the PC itself.

Regards

It was modified using Adobe Photoshop 4, but that's about all info available.
PS 4 is fairly old, so perhaps look for an older PC?

Lol yeah Smore, I thought it was a PC problem at 1st ( because I didnt really read the question ) and I nearly pooped my pants :haha:

Well that picture was modified with Photoshop like RealBlackStuff said ( they arnt a very good artist ;) )

Also to see which user ( Computer right? ) used to switch the file would require more Technical knowledge ( Dont ask me because I wouldnt know ;) ) but my teacher uses this program to watch all of our activity on school computers, It's easy for me to bypass it but still :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back