Where is the Windows 10 Recycle Bin? (Get rid of it)

Download and install MINI BIN. It creates a recycle bin in the bottom right system icon page. I just put it far to the right and when it's fell it displays that way, Great little program!!!

Must be a pretty weak news day if this is one of the top offerings! Simply disappointing ......

Why not suggest something else in its place? It's odd to be "dissapointed" by a tech tip/guide that otherwise wouldn't exist. Knowlege is power. If this particular tip isn't useful for you then so what? What's there to be dissapointed with?

I love having the Recycling Bin on my desktop.... but I also like having the "My Computer" or "This PC" icon on my desktop as well... guess I'm a throwback... first thing I do with any install is enabling it - and renaming "This PC" to "My Computer" :)
Just press Win+E and get used to the recent items, it's awesome. In the beginning it was hard for me but eventually I got used at work.

I love having the Recycling Bin on my desktop.... but I also like having the "My Computer" or "This PC" icon on my desktop as well... guess I'm a throwback... first thing I do with any install is enabling it - and renaming "This PC" to "My Computer" :)

As another option to this article you can put the recycling bin on your right click desktop context menu.

IMO if you want a clean desktop while still being able to have a ton of icons, just get fences. You can hide all your icons with a double click and it makes everything super neat.

To all of you who don't like seeing icons on the desktop, stardock Fences is a really good thing to look.

Dang you beat me to it. Been using the software for awhile now, it's the most simple, light, and easy to use desktop organizer I've tried.

I never use the RB either it disabled or just let Windows Tuner Free clean out the RAM, clipboard or RB.

I've had my recycle bin in quick launch since Windows Vista! Icons on the desktop are nasty things. Pin what you need to your start menu instead!

ADD RECYCLE BIN TO TASKBAR (QUICK LAUNCH) 3rd party software not needed:

Right click taskbar
Toolbars
New toolbar
Enter this: %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Drag Recycle bin from desktop to taskbar
Remove recycle bin from desktop
Done.

*You can also move your quick launch icons to the immediate left of your system tray icons.

Last edited:

Same here...which is why I use the "classic start menu" program to put MY desktop back to a windows 7 look. It's my computer, I'll run it the way I want, which includes my computer, recycle bin and a couple other icons.

This is literally my first thing I do to. ha Second after it is show file extensions in explorer. :)

I can't imagine Winblows desktop without Recycle bin. The only thing I change is that hideous W10 style icon for it. Installing icons from W7 and I'm at peace. LOL

Only 4 icons on my desktop: MassEffect 1,2,3 and yes immortal Recycle Bin. Ha!

Me too...I even change the icon to one that looks more like the old My Computer Icon and put a shortcut to Control Panel on my Desktop. Then I install a mod that gives me a real Start menu again like Windows 7.

windows-10-compatible.jpg

Why hide it from there? Weather you put some things on your desktop, or like having access to a few standard desktop things, or stuff gets accidentally put there, the quickest way to make your desktop clean is right click >> view >> show desktop icons.

Doing this allows you to show/hide any/all desktop icons you may have.

Back