Which motherboard is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

i am thinking of getting an amd athlon 64 x2 4600+ manchester 2000mhz ht2 x521kb l2 cache socket 939 dual core cpu. which board would be better for it(i want to build a great gaming pc + will buy the parts every couple of weeks): the asus a8n sli premium socket 939 nvidia nforce4 sli atx amd, or the elitegroup kn1 sli extreme(v1.0a) socket 939 mobos? how much would an amd athlon 64 x2 4600+ manchester cost? i am thinking of getting 2x nvidia geforce 7600+ in sli formation + a creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs 24bit 192khz 7.1 channel pci souncard. if anyone has any reccomendations for graphics cards or sound cards to go with the stated board + cpu, please let me know.( i can spend about £400 maximum on graphics + sound). also, if i was to get the stated board + cpu, with a good graphics + sound card, would i be able to play the newest games(oblivion,prey,f.e.a.r.,etc) in the highest settings + how long would the pc last me before i had to upgrade it again? if anyone can help, please let me know. thank you very much.

I have the asus a8n sli premium socket 939 nvidia nforce4 and have not had any problems what so ever. I have a 7800gt in it and works like butter. Also I haven;t had a game that can't play on it. The processor is a AMD 64x2 4400. Running 2Gb of pc400 memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back