which old video card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I got a bit of old hardware to update my even more outdated computer. A faster processor and more memory is always nice. But I don't know if my graphic card is a bit better or the 'new' one.

At the moment I have a Geforce AGP V7700 DDR SGDRAM and I could use a GeForce MX 400 (don't know complete name). Yes, I know, both are old. Mine was bought with an Adlon 700, the other one comes from an Adlon 1.2, so might be just a bit younger. Still the question, which one is better.

Thanks a lot.

Katja.

The card you have now is based on the GeForce 2 Pro which is superior to the GeForce 2 MX & GeForce 2 MX400.

Now if you happen to be talking about upgrading to a GeForce 4 MX4000 or MX440/460, then that upgrade would be worth it, otherwise you're better off keeping your current card.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Thanks for your reply, Didou.

I don't know if this is a Geforce 4. It seems to be a 64mb card, while my old one is a 32mb card, that's why I thought the 400 might be better. Ah well, the old owner is currently somewhere in China, difficult to ask him ;)

Katja

*waves*..hi i'm new...graphics questions..

Ok a couple questions since emachines never emails me back! grr..
I have this 'integrated' video/graphics card..on my intel celeron(yes I know...I am upgrading soon to a pentium 4 if i can)
I had a problem with the geforce 2 mx400...it had a conflicyt and emachines said its not direct x 9 supported.
so..i am thinking of getting an nvidia fx5200 which is cheaper and simpler..not tooe xtreme but good.
I really do not want a PCI..
I have integrated video-so..is this onboard? I'm guessing it is..and now I guess I have to open my tower and see if I have an agp slot because I really would rather have an agp graphics card...theyre a bit cheaper and I belive a bit faster.
I'm new here..I have other questions..but if anyone can help with some advice/ideas it will be highly appreciated.
I get nowhere with emachines.
I know it's a simple machine and not really for gaming but-its ok..I just cannot play new games *grr* and my older ones wont play with XP(sanitarium...alone in the dark) they look crappy.
They will play on my 4 year old HP with win 98 and an older radeon7000.(maybe thats a better graphics card then what I have) should i *nip* the radeon outta my HP? emachines tells me that the mx400 was too old being I just bought my computer a month ago- he said the card was too old for my machine.
I am confused.
I just want to play my spiderman game!!!*whine whine*
also- I would like to upgrade my processor to a P4 or amd antholon..
my celeron is 2.6 or 2.7 ghz I believe
...so I was looking for something of the same speed or a bit higher.
Does anyone suggest this?/? and how do I know if my mainboard can handle a p4 or amd antholon?
like I said emachines is no help..The live chat is ok- but they allt ell me different things.Ok sorry for all the babbling. Please reply?? :)
thanks.
-didi in ny
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back