Which processors i can use on an LGA 775 socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehacker

hi,
i want to know which processors i can run on my system. currently i have pentium D 2.8. so, i have an LGA 775 socket. my mobo manual says that it can support upto 1066 mhz fsb. so, can i run c2d or c2e on my system???
thanks in advance

You've just answered your own question.
A LGA775 socket with 1066MHz FSB will support (you guessed it!) a LGA775 CPU with a 1066MHz FSB.

Only the newest C2D CPU's have 1333MHz FSB, so any Core 2 Duo except the E6X50 series will work.
It would help if you tell your motherboard info. A LGA775 socket with support for a 1066MHz FSB does not necessarily mean it can support C2D (the chipset needs to be compatible).

thehacker said:
which processors I can use on an LGA 775 socket
it's not that simple. you obviously cannot use any processor that is not socket-775, but it doesn't stop there. it's the motherboard's chipset that ultimately determines which processors can (or cannot) be used.

the easiest place to find this info would be the mobo manufacturer's website. find the product page for your exact motherboard model and it should list which processors are compatible with it. alternatively you could reference Intel's chipset page, but it may not be as specific.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back