While playing COD2 - Monitor goes into standby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

PC

3400+ AMD Athlon 64bit Newcastle
512mb HyperX Kingston RAM
80gb SATA HDD
9700pro Radeon 128mb
Win XP Pro

while playing call of duty 2 for about 3-4mins the monitor would go into standby. The system would used to play the game fine but im unsure whats happened. Its quite a fresh install of Windows and im always careful what i install. Im running McAfee security centre if that helps.

The BIOS is up to date this has not been changed since it has been working fine.

The drivers for the 9700 pro are rad_w2kxp_omega_2687.exe, i have always used these too.

I have recently bought a new PSU, its a 300w cause the other one died but its the same but newer so i cannot understand why there would be a problem with this.

This has also happened with my friends PC (exactly the same) but he is using a 6600GT 256mb card! and has 1gb ram!???

I have tried

- increasing virtual ram
- changing drivers for gfx

i need help!

I have recently bought a new PSU, its a 300w cause the other one died but its the same but newer so i cannot understand why there would be a problem with this.

that is a seriously underpowered PSU for that system. what brand is it and what is it delivering in amps on the +12V rail?

Hi

I just found out its a 250W!!! i duno wat u mean about the 12v thing and ive fixed my prob! (well its lasted a whole 12mins!)

agp changed from 8x to 4x and problem solved... i remember this now it had problems b4 at this setting!!

thanks

I am suprised that the system boots and runs on that PSU. Dont be suprised if you have problems, that PSU isnt going to cut it. look on the side of the PSU there is a label there. look at the +12V output and see what number is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back