Why do i still lag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Window Xp Pro
1.5gb ram
Radeon 9250 256mb pci video card
Intel P4 2.6 ghz
Cable Internet (Preety fast)

I play a game called Flyff(online game). It works fine but except on places where there is a lot ppl near me. such as server 1 town.
just last week i upgraded my ram from 512mb to 1.5gb.
and yet havent seen even little bit improvement on that lag.
also when im on game it seems as if i have 1gb of ram free when i check it on task manager.
what do u think is the problem here ? 1gb ram free(on the place i lag) and yet i lag badly.
who do i have so much free ram and lag. is it my cpu ? video card ? (i dont think)

any suggestion for this problem is appreciated.
i heard page file helps little bit so i set my page file to 3gbmin/3gbmax.

sorry man,1. i think u are using norton or symantec.
2. u could be having a physically slow mobo.
3. your processor & mobo FSB could be less than 533mhz.
4. u could be having a worm,for that u nee to check cpu status on the taskmanager.
5. your hdd rpm could be 54000 instead of 72000rpm.
6. windows could be corrupt and requires repaires plus tweaking.
7. u could have bought ram that is slow & not compartible.check all that & get back to u.Robin

Hi robin,
thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
i am using kaspersky and am virus/spyware free.
i used chk disk to repair window problems and i am interested in that "tweaking" u said. any more information on that ?
im preety sure my hdd rpm is 7200.
my ram seem to be working fine and it is compartible.

Your graphics card is a low end card and not very good for gaming. If you are lagging, I would consider getting a better card.

the game im playing dosent require good graphic.
rather alot of activities.
such as keeping track of 200 ppl's movement.

it doesnt matter if it requires good graphics, if you check the stats on that card the clock speed is like 3 :haha:

And keeping track of 200 ppl's movements? A RTS?

You should check www.newegg.com for a better card, if you tell us what bus slot you have ( PCI, PCI-e, AGP x2/x4 or AGP x4/x8 )

i just bought this card like last month. i guess thats was a big mistake.
but so i assume i lag because of my system is bad still ? and not because of
unoptimized window setting or something else ?

The graphics card is the single most influential hardware item to affect gaming provided your other components are halfway decent. In this case you lag because your graphics card can't keep up with demands of the game. Other components can hold you back too, like RAM, but in this case your weakest link is the graphics card.

Nower days, I would say that the system memory (RAM) matches up in neccesity as the video card....what's the point of having a top-of-the-line video card when you barely have enough off-hand storage for the game :suspiciou?

VRAM is more important then actual RAM cfit ;)

VRAM ( Like 256mb / 128mb ) is what you need to actual run anything, if you have 32mb of VRAM you couldnt run Oblivion even if it was a 8800 :lol:

i set my vram/page file to 3gb. (1.5gb ram).
good enough ?
Upgrading my cpu to 3.4, that wont show much improvement ?

Keep in mind it's not just RAM or VRAM but the GPU as well. The graphics card processor needs to be able to handle the data processing needed to run the game at a satisfactory speed. Low end cards do not have a GPU robust enough to run high end games very well.

r3faat said:
Window Xp Pro
1.5gb ram
Radeon 9250 256mb pci video card
Intel P4 2.6 ghz
Cable Internet (Preety fast)

I play a game called Flyff(online game). It works fine but except on places where there is a lot ppl near me. such as server 1 town.
just last week i upgraded my ram from 512mb to 1.5gb.
and yet havent seen even little bit improvement on that lag.
also when im on game it seems as if i have 1gb of ram free when i check it on task manager.
what do u think is the problem here ? 1gb ram free(on the place i lag) and yet i lag badly.
who do i have so much free ram and lag. is it my cpu ? video card ? (i dont think)

any suggestion for this problem is appreciated.
i heard page file helps little bit so i set my page file to 3gbmin/3gbmax.

I play flyff and rappelz as well. I can tell you what it might be. your video card. I have a 7950 GT and it runs fine now with full detail, when i had a 6 series card i got lagged to hell. Believe it or not that damn game pulls a lot from you video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back