why is my nfsmw slow when I have this Spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul05

Hi all
when i update my ram memory to 1.5m ram and i run need for speed: most wanted (nfsmw) in a high detail and resolution of 1024x768 the game lag when i play. My graphic is MSI 6600 256mb pc-e. I am thinking its my graphic card problem that cause the game to lag...anyone have any idea???
thanks

It is hard to say without knowing the details of your system....

I.e., motherboard make/model, CPU, ram speed, etc.

If you post that info, we can probably tell you where your bottleneck is.

have u tried removing the extra ram out ( the one u added ) it could have changed the original ram configuration ie. slowed it down by way of timings or by Fsb of it ...

Having stuff enabled like full screen anti alaising can really slow things down. See if thats on or anything in you nview desktop.

Try to play for 5 minutes or so and then go check the graphic card termerature!
That game usually sends the temperature real high and then the system cuts off... puke:

See the temperature before and after playing!

It may be a problem with the graphic card fan!

Like cyrax said, using AA on full can REALLY slow you down. Try putting AA to its middle setting. Also, turn down shadows a bit.

Did you try dragonfury's suggestion? Take that stick of 512mb out. Your motherboard supports dual channel ram settings and you are running with 3 sticks of ram. Try with just 2 sticks and see if that doesn't speed you up a bit.

Other than that, yes I would say your bottleneck is your graphics card.

Hey it must that... cuz if isn't, like DonNagual said:
"your bottleneck is your graphics card."

and that hurts a little bit more! puke:

K I just tried it and now it work fine at 3/4 of Detail and 800x600 resolution
many thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back