Why motherboard A burns and the damage affects motherboard B?

Two motherboards, MB a & MB b.
Two hard drives, HDD a & HDD b.

MB a & HDD a were burnt. The accident caused MB a lost all hard drive drivers. Windows installer could not install Windows on any hard drive on this motherboard.

Removed CPU & RAM from MB a.
Put them on MB b. Tried to install Windows on HDD b which was on MB b. Windows installer could not find any hard drive drivers either on this MB b.

Why?

Thanks.

Most likely none of the old hard drives from the motherboard that burnt are no longer any good. Would be worried about the ram to. You don't mention what caused these parts to burn up. Nor what your specs are for either the ram or motherboard. You may want to post more info. So someone can help you.

Most likely none of the old hard drives from the motherboard that burnt are no longer any good. Would be worried about the ram to. You don't mention what caused these parts to burn up. Nor what your specs are for either the ram or motherboard. You may want to post more info. So someone can help you.
Thank you.
"Most likely none of the old hard drives from the motherboard that burnt are no longer any good."
The hard drives are good. I have 5 spare hard drives. They are not from the motherboard that had a burn-accident. And these spare hard drives are used often on different PCs.
"Would be worried about the ram to."
I use a live CD to see if the RAM can be found on MB b. Yes, they are found. Does this indicate that the RAM sticks are still good? What do you think they should be worried about?
"You don't mention what caused these parts to burn up. "
Bought a second hand PSU for testing. It started the PC if HDD was not connected to the PSU. The SATA power connector might not be connected to the HDD, I thought. So I tried a second time, and inserted the HDD to the connector tightly. Power on. A burst & smell. The HDD was burnt and the hard drive DRIVERS on the MB were damaged.
"You may want to post more info. So someone can help you."
Here they are, but I do not think it has anything to do with what the system and components are. Take any hardware, it is hard to understand what an accident happens on a motherboard and the damage affects another motherboard.
PC : Acer aspire M5700,
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU,
RAM: DDR2 800 SDRAM 4G,
GPU: Removed & use on board Intel® G45,
PSU: Liteon 6301-08Ak, replaced by RM650x for test.
MB : G45T AM2 V:1.0
HDD: WD600BEVS Scorpio 60GB
BIOS:American Megatrends V.02.16

I was just stating sometimes when something burns up on a motherboard it fries everything, If some of these parts are still good fine, If you have another motherboard use your parts on it if they work with it. I truly do not know what your wanting to know, If you have tested the parts and know what happen to the other motherboard. Then replace the mother board. Sorry I can not help you more.

I was just stating sometimes when something burns up on a motherboard it fries everything, If some of these parts are still good fine, If you have another motherboard use your parts on it if they work with it. I truly do not know what your wanting to know, If you have tested the parts and know what happen to the other motherboard. Then replace the mother board. Sorry I can not help you more.
Thank you.
"I truly do not know what your wanting to know,"
I want to know what an accident happened on motherboard A but the damage of that accident affects motherboard B.

Back