Why my computer keeps restarting whenever I play game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenzukan

i have this problem like1 week ago, whenever i play an online game for 1 or 2 mins then my comp restart, i can watch movie or anything is fine, well i can afk in the game for a whole day is fine but when i move or do some stuff in the game my comp restart, so i reformat my comp but still the same, then i try to disable auto restart but i don't see any blue screen, then i check all the fans in my comp and they're all good. so what's the problem???????? help me pls anyone , damn it i am goin crazy =.=

check and see your temps and make sure they are within stable ranges. Also it could be the power supply is dying. Bad ram perhaps to? I would first check the temps on your processor. You can use software like hmonitor to look at your temps.

hmm the temps of my cpu1 is over 60.0C(yellow color), mainboard 40C, hdd 46c.....is that good or bad?

Zenzukan said:
hmm the temps of my cpu1 is over 60.0C(yellow color), mainboard 40C, hdd 46c.....is that good or bad?

those are pretty high temps (but i think not enough to make your system restart) I recommended doing a full cleaning of your system if you can. Clean out any dust that might be on the processors heatsink. Even better reinstall the heatsink and apply a fresh coat of Artic Silver 5. Perhaps add a fan or two within the case for better cooling. Mainboard 40C and hdd at 46C just tells me that your pc isn't getting enough cooling. If you don't know how to reinstall a heatsink try taking off the case or side panel off and aim a common house fan into your case and see if that helps.

i did the full cleaning of my system yesterday but still the same. so i restart my comp and press f8 and i see Disable auto restart on system failure and i click on it , and i can play game for half an hour or 1 hour then my comp restart again, if i start on normal window i can play game only 1 min.

Zenzukan said:
i did the full cleaning of my system yesterday but still the same. so i restart my comp and press f8 and i see Disable auto restart on system failure and i click on it , and i can play game for half an hour or 1 hour then my comp restart again, if i start on normal window i can play game only 1 min.

Could you again display your system temps again, we'll need to compare the temp results since you cleaned up the inside of your case. Also if you can, do you have another psu around you? Perhaps borrow one from a friend? The fact that you formatted and it still restarting (and you disabled automatic restart) indicates to me that there might be a hardware problem. Tho i could be wrong.

Mainboard is around 36C and HDD is 38C, and i don't know about my psu, it's working perfectly fine, well i think i'll change it and see what happen if the same thing happen again, i guess it's time to get a new comp

The processor temp is 37C, Yesterday i tried to change the psu thing but it doesn't have the wire to connect to my graphic card, and the funny thing is i can play 2d games like diablo graphic but not 3d though, i guess the problem must be my graphic card or it's overheat

Zenzukan said:
The processor temp is 37C, Yesterday i tried to change the psu thing but it doesn't have the wire to connect to my graphic card, and the funny thing is i can play 2d games like diablo graphic but not 3d though, i guess the problem must be my graphic card or it's overheat

what a difference in temps.. went down by half. I've never heard of a video card restarting a system. Most of the time they would cause artifacts on the screen when they overheat. But any how the fact that you say you play diablo (really old game) and doesn't crash tells me the card might be a culprit in this. If you can, swap a vid card with any card to rule that out. You don't need no |33t card to do this to. Just get a card thats able to do D3D and see if it restarts your system.

Also see if you can get that PSU. Say the PSU was the cause of your restarts. Diablo isn't a particularly advanced game in terms of 3D lol.. so the vid card wouldn't draw to much power away from the PSU. However when you play more intensive 3D applications, the vid card would draw more power away from the psu. If the psu is dying this would cause the system to restart/shutdown or other erratic behaviors would occur. Again see if you can get another psu.

probably your video card is overheating, blow out the heatsink on that. check it's fan, also if you have special power supply wires to it, it could need more power than your PSU can deliver.

N!Sung said:
what a difference in temps.. went down by half. I've never heard of a video card restarting a system. Most of the time they would cause artifacts on the screen when they overheat. But any how the fact that you say you play diablo (really old game) and doesn't crash tells me the card might be a culprit in this. If you can, swap a vid card with any card to rule that out. You don't need no |33t card to do this to. Just get a card thats able to do D3D and see if it restarts your system.

Also see if you can get that PSU. Say the PSU was the cause of your restarts. Diablo isn't a particularly advanced game in terms of 3D lol.. so the vid card wouldn't draw to much power away from the PSU. However when you play more intensive 3D applications, the vid card would draw more power away from the psu. If the psu is dying this would cause the system to restart/shutdown or other erratic behaviors would occur. Again see if you can get another psu.

finally!!! i got my new spu today ^^ with 700w!! no more computer restart by itself!! thx for the help N!sung ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back