- Aion
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Grand Theft Auto IV

System:
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield @2.83GHz
Video: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9 9500 GT
Memory: 4GB DDR2 @1066MHz
O/S: Windows Vista Ultimate SP2

What detail level can these play at and still be at the playable FPS of 30 or up?

Format for your reply:

Game - Yes/No - Detail - Resolution
Example: World of Warcraft - Yes - Maximum - 1920x1200
Example2: RuneScape - Yes - Low - 1280x800
Example3: Diablo II - No - N/A - N/A

I just used random games off the top of my head for the examples...

All of them except for L4D2 will probably be barely playable at anything greater than 1024x768.

I believe L4D2 uses the source engine, which is incredibly well optimized, so it should run fairly well.

The others will probably be quite laggy even at low settings, especially Far Cry 2 and GTA IV.

All of them except for L4D2 will probably be barely playable at anything greater than 1024x768.

I believe L4D2 uses the source engine, which is incredibly well optimized, so it should run fairly well.

The others will probably be quite laggy even at low settings, especially Far Cry 2 and GTA IV.

Umm.. ok... I have a few friends with 8400 GS PCI-E Cards and Q6600 cpus and get 30+ fps on high in FC2 and GTA IV. I don't believe you at all, they didn't even OC their systems. One of them plays at 1920x1200 for a resolution as well.

If you change that video card you'll have a seriously rockin' gaming system. It seems like such a waste to have such a fast machine with a horrible video card to be used for gaming.

The video card will be seriously holding back the potential of that PC.

I'm waiting for money from a lawsuit against dish that I won before I can buy the parts for the system.

What is your budget for the entire rig? We might be able to suggest better alternatives.

It should play all those games...maybe not aion well just because its a new mmo and its on the crysis engine

The video card will be seriously holding back the potential of that PC.

What is your budget for the entire rig? We might be able to suggest better alternatives.

I've upgraded a bunch of things to better products, losing a bit on the monitor but I'm planning on a 52" TV for things outside of gaming or maybe world of warcraft once in a while.

My rig's budget is mainly founded from the lawsuit, but if I get money from other sources (e.g. my parents - my father is getting disability and we have a 90% chance of him getting accepted right now, he has like $15k built up right now for back pay)

I'll post a hardware list if you want me to. Or post a link to a download for it (PDF)

I wonder how I was supposed to know that? :)
It's called looking at the site... Do you see anywhere that you can supply "custom" components instead of what your current components are?

It's called looking at the site... Do you see anywhere that you can supply "custom" components instead of what your current components are?
Your original post contains no mention that this is not a system that is already built. I was only trying to help you. My mistake for that.

I don't think there's any reason for you to be so caustic to mailpup. Everyone's trying to help.

Once you know what your exact budget will turn out to be post back here. We'll have more suggestions then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back