Will this $280 PC be worth it?

abe10tiger

Hi guys! I need some suggestions if this PC worth 14,000 pesos or $280 dollars is worth it. This does not have a GPU included but I already have one in my old one which is a GTX 650. I am willing to use that for now. Here are the specs of the PC:
Motherboard - Asus Z97-A w/ Backplate
Processor - Intel i5 4460
PSU - Cooler Master G650M
Ram - Gskill 8gb 1866mhz (
Case - Cooler Master
HDD - Seagate 1TB
3Led Fans, 1blue 2red

Will it be worth it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Show me the seagate model number, half of seagate hdd fail over time, the rest of them when built correctly will last for years.
I like to see which cooler master case you are getting for 280.00 bucks thats not bad, I'm surprised the price tag isn't higher.
Mainly because of the haswell and the asus z97, a little digging around will show they are still expensive even when sold as good used items.

Make sure all of the items work, have the seller show it is working, otherwise don't waste your money for a broken down system.

That Haswell processor new costs approximately $200 dollars give or take $20.00.

No one would be that stupid enough to sell that cpu for $20 bucks with shipping. :/
Maybe at $130+ thats a reasonable price tag but newer chips are more affordable and would outsell this one by now.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Intel-Core-i...r/222812228?iid=122844991665&rt=nc&opts=opick

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JIJUBAS/?tag=httpwwwtechsp-20

That haswell 4570 I used to have if ebay weren't so shitty of letting scam-liar buyers get away with stuff on good sellers.
I could have easily sold that cpu $110 with a 3 day shipping included in janurary of this year.

That Haswell processor new costs approximately $200 dollars give or take $20.00.
The fallacy of posting a new price for that CPU, is the fact it's not current line. Accordingly, anyone would be buying as a "replacement part". Discontinued parts in stock, when sold, have to match or exceed the original dealer cost. Especially with computer items,a new item may far exceed the performance at an equivalent or even lower, cost to the dealer.

To go deeper into this, (although it likely isn't true at this point in time, due to the general price of new equipment RAM being sky high), DDR or DDR-2, would likely be higher in price per gigabyte, than current line DDR-3 or 4.

That axiom also holds, (or held true), for video cards. I bought a EVGA GT-750, for about a hundred bucks. Before the great card crunch of 2018, I purchased EVGE's highest "FTW 4GB GT-1080 ti", for about $130.00.

I wanted to equip another PC with a video card, and went looking for another GT-750, reasoning since it was discontinued, I'd get a good deal on it. Not so. The 750s I could find, were now up to about $200.00.

I think, that dealers stuck with these cards after their discontinuance, are willing to sit around and wait for someone dumb enough to buy the card as a "replacement part", not knowing the later model 10509, would work in its stead.

For a far better appraisal of that CPU's value, (Anand I'm totally loathe and grossed out to find myself saying this), but better to cruise Ebay, for a price in the used market..

Then too, the reason junk yards d so well, is they buy wrecked cars, and make money on the pricing of the still undamaged parts, versus the prices of the identical new parts.

Selling a used computer is a somewhat similar situation, where you could get more money for the parts individually, if you were willing to wait for buyers for them.

I will say, the talk of buying a used computer off of an individual, (ostensibly a box used (beaten), for gaming, scares the hell out of me.

Selling used articles of any kind, isn't where you'll find human nature's finest moments.

But you do what you gotta do.

Back