will this matter my new grafics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgreen

heyy i run a preaty old computer its like a 3ghs intell agp =( lol i recently bought a 7600 gs agp vdieo card for it and its on its way the question i have is will the crappy motheboard and old processor slow the performnce of my video card much and also will it matter that te motherboard was currently running a onboard videocard what is a heapa it has room for the new card but will that bottleneck its performance?? i also bought another 512 stick of ddr ram for it what will mean i will have 1 gig of ram?? hopefully it will work allright

What is "ghs"? Btw AGP is still viable at 8X but you will be limited by the kind of video card you can use. Use as much RAM as possible too.

yeahh ill do that tomorro do you think a 7600 gs is good enough for moderate gaming? because my other comp what runs a 6200 (preaty much same sorta comp) can handle some games allright evan tho its like a 40$ graf card lol

Coth said:
What is "ghs"? Btw AGP is still viable at 8X but you will be limited by the kind of video card you can use. Use as much RAM as possible too.
sigh it only has 2 ram slots lol

correction its a 2 ghz or 1.8 ghz :( its an intel i only remmber that it said summin like intel summin 3000? like probs like the chip model how there slike the athlon 2500 and stuff? ill upload all the details tomorow

heyy ok the new 512 stick of ram is DDR-DIMM 512meg NANYA, ADATA, SIETEC or EQUIVELENT DDR400 (PC3200) and the new video card is going to be a geforce 7600 GS

and currently it s correct me if i did the wrong information from that program
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name HOME-OPPBA8HX1N
User Name Mattog

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D 346, 3066 MHz (23 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA P4M800 Pro
System Memory 448 MB
BIOS Type AMI (12/26/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP (64 MB)
3D Accelerator VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (15343701)

that video card is a buit in oneee

been some threads here lately about that 7600 overheating and shutting down pc's make sure you have good airflow in your case

supersmashbrada said:
been some threads here lately about that 7600 overheating and shutting down pc's make sure you have good airflow in your case
lol ill upload some pics of it atm :( lol its case is tiny hehe but tis got 3 fans its a bit bodgy atm but ill show

here some pics ps its ina preaty small case lol oh and its a tad dusty atm :D cant wait for my new parts lol
DSCF8034.jpg

DSCF8033.jpg

DSCF8032.jpg

and yeah :p kidna crappy lol

Probably enough circulation if you ;

1- clean out those fans with a short-bristled semi-stiff paint brush and blow the loosened crud out of the case

2- make sure the back fan is blowing out and the side fan(s) are blowing in (you already have a fan, maybe 2, on the psu that are blowing out I would assume).

You gotta have air in and air out - :)

ps: that Intel heatsink HAS to have the aluminium fins cleaned between the gaps to work decently.

Clean, clean, clean.

UNPLUG first.

:)

CCT said:
You gotta have air in and air out - :)

ps: that Intel heatsink HAS to have the aluminium fins cleaned between the gaps to work decently.

Clean, clean, clean.

UNPLUG first.

lol im not that retarted to not unplug haha also im curiouse to why my other computer wouldnt startup when i took a stick of ram out? weird it has 2 256 and a 512 ddr ram lol weird?

but back to topic will that powersuply be sufficient with teh new vid card ? and do u think the vid card will overheat 7600 GS's r prone to over heat lol and its going to be in a realy small box oh and most important do u think it will PERFORM lol hopefully it will and hopefully the cpu wont restrict how well teh graf card works

400 watt with minimum settup (ie, 1 hd, 1 floppy, 1cd/dvd, 1 video card and a few case fans) should be ok.

I had one of those tiny fans in my case when I bought it - it kept causing reboots. You would be better taking it out so those holes are available for passive air movement I think.

And like I said to someone else here, run the card with medium settings at first and set for better performance rather than quality and if that doesn't cause any problems move them upwards a bit.

Most people won't miss a whole lot.

Some may disagree - but the issue is an individual preference and observation.

And I NEVER call people names here, nor do I mean to imply one.

Caution and safe advice isn't name calling.

Nah I think the card should be fine. If you see it overheating, take the case panels off and play the game like that. And as for bottlenecking, if that happens (I don't think it will but you never know), just turn up the resolution a notch. That should get rid of most of it.

CCT said:
400 watt with minimum settup (ie, 1 hd, 1 floppy, 1cd/dvd, 1 video card and a few case fans) should be ok.

I had one of those tiny fans in my case when I bought it - it kept causing reboots. You would be better taking it out so those holes are available for passive air movement I think.

And like I said to someone else here, run the card with medium settings at first and set for better performance rather than quality and if that doesn't cause any problems move them upwards a bit.

Most people won't miss a whole lot.

Some may disagree - but the issue is an individual preference and observation.

And I NEVER call people names here, nor do I mean to imply one.

Caution and safe advice isn't name calling.

what tiny fan ?? teh amd one fomr teh processor? lol that on teh wall thingy pannel haha yeah i was gunna set it to blow inwards wouldnt ti help with 2 blowing inwards and the powersuply and rear casefan blowing out oh and teh processeors heatsink with fan blowing out to??

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Nah I think the card should be fine. If you see it overheating, take the case panels off and play the game like that. And as for bottlenecking, if that happens (I don't think it will but you never know), just turn up the resolution a notch. That should get rid of most of it.
never thought of that thanks so what do u think about my fan setup should it be fine i think i should leave the rear one blowing out and put the 2 one son the side panel blowing in?? would that help?

Yes that will help and that's the way the config's supposed to be i.e. 2 side fans blowing in and one rear fan blowing out, the rear fan usually being of larger size compared to the two side fans. For example, the side fans could be 92mm and the rear fan could be 120mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back