Win. 7 Professional bootup crash

I have a Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows 7. I left town for 4.5 days and when I came back it refused to start. I mean that it would show the dell screen but with blue lines running down it and then go to the windows loading screen w/ the balls of light. After that it just goes to a black screen and stays there, no mouse pointer, etc. If I use start-up repair, it runs then asks if I want to use system restore. Tried it, didn't work. After that it ends up saying
"Start-up Repair cannot repair this computer automatically.
Problem Signature:
Problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem signature 1: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 2: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 3: unknown
Problem signature 4: 62
Problem signature 5: AutoFailure
Problem signature 6: 1
Problem signature 7: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033 "
At the end of the diagnosis and repair details, it says
"repair action: System restore
result: canceled

repair action: System files integrity check and repair
result: failed Error code=0x490
time taken=624020 ms"

The computer starts in safe mode and the memtest runs clean. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Sounds like you have some messed up drivers or files. In windows. Did you update anything before you left.If so try and remove it in safe mode. Or you could just try and run a factory restore on it. Provideing their is no hardware problem. I am sure someone here might have a few ideals to.

Also, after I got it running in safe mode, there was an icon in the bottom right corner called 'Solve PC issues'. after I clicked on it, it popped up Action Center from control panel. The issue was that 'there are problems on this computer that Microsoft may be able to solve.' and a button called browse. It then popped up 34 video hardware errors, see attached file.

Attachments

• Problems June 2012.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
Looks like your on board video chip maybe failing. Have you updated the drivers recently. If so rolling back to the old one may solve the problem. If not it could be as I stated the video chip is going out.

If you do not have the know how. You would need to take it to a computer repair shop. Or if it it still under warrenty contact Dell.
Your Welcome

Thank you so much. I guess the graphics card over heated or some thing. After replacing it with the same model card a had laying around, it works fine.

Back