Win 8.1 BSOD

St1ckM4n

Hello,

If someone could please help me, I am having BSOD's on most boots, and sometimes within the OS performing functions like clicking on the wifi icon.

Dumps are attached. Please let me know what you need me to do.

Attachments

• dumps.zip
    188.9 KB · Views: 5
You are showing both AMD and Intel graphic conflicts. What graphic video drivers are you using?

Latest AMD for my card (7970GHz), probably not the latest for Intel graphics ... Shall I double-check that one and get back to you?

Looks like the AMD driver was out of date too, so I updated it. Must have reverted in an automatic system restore.

AMD and Intel drivers now updated, and haven't encountered any BSOD's while booted. Will do some more power cycles to see if on-boot BSOD appears.

For now, thank you very much.

@Tmagic650 unfortunately I received BSOD upon reboot. Attached is the dump, and also a .tmp dump file I found? Could you please assist again.

Attachments

• dump2.zip
    56.1 KB · Views: 3
Intel HD 4000 graphics driver is the absolute latest available on website, for 8.1 x64. Released 5/21/14.

Graphics card is AMD HD7970, for which I've installed the latest driver too. The problem is that AMD site says 14.4 is out, but the package only installs 14.1. I am now installing via Windows Update which says there is a new version. I installed, and now Device Manager tells me it's 13.xxx .......

And I think it BSOD'd, since it hasnt' come back online on TeamViewer .. :(

This one was just Intel. You know I would do little check of your system. The first mini dumps . Were of both graphics cards. Plus a few system files. I had this a while back and it turn out to be a bad stick of ram . Causing the whole problem. Not saying it your problem . But might be worth checking out.

Hopefully these are the drivers you are looking for.

AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL (14.100.0.0 April 17

Last edited:
I did some memtests and sfc /scannow to check the system, no errors found. I've also been happy with the system before 8.1 update. Also, I reinstalled OS a couple weeks ago and everything was fine in Win8, and as soon as 8.1 was installed the problems started. So while nothing is conclusive... I'm pointing at Win8.1 being the culprit.

I'll try disabling Intel Graphics in Device Manager next time and do some more tests, unless you can suggest anything else. I'll report back with more minidumps if it's useful. Thanks.

Regarding the drivers:
Yes, that's what I downloaded. Says 14.4 on package, but 14.100 in brackets, so it must be the latest one indeed. The Win Update one went back a version actually.

I have win 8.1 , But not having any problems.. Could be your right maybe a bad install. Hard to say. You might want to try a refresh on the system. But yes do post your mini dumps if you have more.

Yes most drivers from Widows updates are behind and not the latest.

Last edited:
I have win 8.1 , But not having any problems.. Could be your right maybe a bad install. Hard to say. You might want to try a refresh on the system. But yes do post your mini dumps if you have more.

Yes most drivers fro Widows updates are behind and not the latest.
I reinstalled Windows fully a couple weeks ago, to Win8. No problems. Problems only started after I downloaded and installed 8.1 update.

@Tmagic650 looks like it's a common issue huh. I'll also try disabling the device too, it may help.

I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 fully updated... No problems. Did you update Windows 8.1 fully? What does its Device manager show? No Yellow (!)?

No yellow !'s, no. I disabled Intel Graphics and Intel Sound (HDMI) devices and I've rebooted twice now with no problems. Hmm !

Well at least it solves the blue screen problem. For Now. But not the problem as to how to run your intel graphics. Hopefully Intel next driver update . Will solve the problem.

Back