Win Me Usb Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmat276

Ok i am using windows ME and for some odd reason the USB Slots will work but windows keeps askin for the windows cd it dose me no good to put it in..
If i take the software cd that came with the Device and try to install it that way the software take but windows hides the USB item ??? So it's like it not there... Any ideas?

me is a terrible OS and THE worst M$ ever came out with. IT's is very unstable.

Get a copy of 98SE if you have an older computer or better yet, upgrade to XP and add memory to at least 512mb

XP supports many flash drives.

Yeah i know me is bad HATE IT not me pc or i would have done that FOREVER AGO but i did find out that if i skip the file that it is lookin for then it takes it is there anyway to make it not look for that file?

------->"usbntmap.sys"<------------ is the file its lookin for where can i find the file and where do i need to put it to make it stop????

run your me setup disk and run a repair. The OS is corrupt. ME has a habit of corrupting itself a lot.

O that sucks... i know i hate me if i was my system it would have been gone already :) ok i will keep you up to date if i run it over i will take pic's and then them to you LOL HE HE HE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back