Win the holidays with Microsoft's ugly Christmas sweater

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Microsoft is spreading the holiday cheer this year with a freebie that'll all but guarantee victory at your upcoming Christmas party (or if nothing else, make you the envy of all your geek friends).

The on-again, off-again trend of ugly Christmas sweaters has arguably never been hotter. Themed parties in which attendees attempt to top each other with the tackiest getup are prevalent this time of year and Microsoft wants in on the fun.

The Redmond tech giant recently shared images of its latest piece of “softwear,” the Windows 95 ugly sweater. Best yet, Microsoft is giving away its sweater to “a few lucky fans” via Twitter. Apparently all you need to do is ask for one then check your DMs to see if you’ve been selected.

Microsoft’s sweater may or may not make it in time for your upcoming holiday party. If you need a backup plan, sites like Ugly Christmas Sweater and Tipsy Elves have excellent selections of tacky garments to choose from.

They’re kind of expensive (the average starting price seems to be around $40), especially considering you’ll probably only wear it once. The better bet may be to check your local Goodwill or grandma’s closet.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

No, I will NOT wear advertising for an anti-privacy company.

Yet another example as YOU are the product.

I wouldn't even use it as an oil rag. Although I might use it in place of some toilet paper... Second thought, I don't want them anywhere around my posterior closer than they already are.

No, I will NOT wear advertising for an anti-privacy company.

Yet another example as YOU are the product.

I wouldn't even use it as an oil rag. Although I might use it in place of some toilet paper... Second thought, I don't want them anywhere around my posterior closer than they already are.
I don't know what Microsoft did to make you hate it this much, but maybe it's time to just move on...you know, they're consuming your life. You can talk about it, there are people who here can help. We can give you help you find a Linux distro taylored to your emotional needs

I don't know what Microsoft did to make you hate it this much, but maybe it's time to just move on...you know, they're consuming your life. You can talk about it, there are people who here can help. We can give you help you find a Linux distro taylored to your emotional needs

Not hate, but despise. Consuming my life? I have a life outside of computers, how about you? If you don't know why, I assume you have been under a rock from all of the droves of others who despise MS as well. The numbers are over half of the internet population of the earth. Why do I say that? A few years in, and a free product still barely has half the market on websites - and I don't know how many millions were forced into Win10, which makes it less than half.. for a FREE product?? That is terrible and an epic fail. I don't doubt why they won't publicize it.

I would love to move on, but when it is a requirement for my job, I guess I am stuck (for now). It is also a requirement to run the games I own, so what do I do? All the games I own run on Win7, so I'm good for now. I despise them so much for forcing customers to Win10 - against their will. Major privacy issues, not to mention lowlife business practices on forcing customers without even giving them the option (wake up the next day to Win10). Why else can't I get away from it? I support friends and family. Every. single. one. of them hates Win10. Microsoft made sure to delete the uninstall to go back to Win7. There is still a long laundry list of other issues MS has. I have to deal with them all day. every day.

If I ever need a new OS personally, it will be Ubuntu. I guess I will stop having to buy new games. All of you game and software makers can thank MS for your loss of income - at least from me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Not hate, but despise. Consuming my life? I have a life outside of computers, how about you? If you don't know why, I assume you have been under a rock from all of the droves of others who despise MS as well. The numbers are over half of the internet population of the earth. Why do I say that? A few years in, and a free product still barely has half the market on websites - and I don't know how many millions were forced into Win10, which makes it less than half.. for a FREE product?? That is terrible and an epic fail. I don't doubt why they won't publicize it.

I would love to move on, but when it is a requirement for my job, I guess I am stuck (for now). It is also a requirement to run the games I own, so what do I do? All the games I own run on Win7, so I'm good for now. I despise them so much for forcing customers to Win10 - against their will. Major privacy issues, not to mention lowlife business practices on forcing customers without even giving them the option (wake up the next day to Win10). Why else can't I get away from it? I support friends and family. Every. single. one. of them hates Win10. Microsoft made sure to delete the uninstall to go back to Win7. There is still a long laundry list of other issues MS has. I have to deal with them all day. every day.

If I ever need a new OS personally, it will be Ubuntu. I guess I will stop having to buy new games. All of you game and software makers can thank MS for your loss of income - at least from me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I'd spend all the money you're saving on not buying games that run on windows and give it to a therapist

Back