winamp???!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

triiifashions

i have somthing called winamp in task manager that keeps starting up and clogging up my system does anybody know how to get rid of this??!?

thanks

Click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and press the enter key. When the windows appears, click the startup tab and untick any Winamp entries. Click apply/ok and reboot your system. Tick the box that says not to run msconfig the next time you start your computer and click ok.

Regards Howard :)

The only thing related to the legit winamp that can start up is Winamp Agent, which is worthless and I never allow that to install. If you've ever installed the media player Winamp on your system then that is likely the cause, I'm suprised to hear its taking up lots of resources though - winamp is a pretty low overhead player.

there is a explorer.exe in the task manager running 99% of cpu

wont do anything till i get the task manager opened and that process deleted

im lost and not much of a virus expert

any suggestions??
thanks

sorry it took me so long had to find my jump drive

but anyway here is the HJT text file

im not sure but im thinkin reformat????~?

i sure am grateful for all the help

thanks

i just put avg and avast on it to remove some crap

looks funny with that on there and all the other crap

I have moved this thread to our Security and the Web forum. That`s because your system is absolutely riddled with malware.

Since you were already thinking about reformatting your system, that`s what I think you should do.

However, it is up to you. If you`d rather clean your system, I`m willing to try.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of triiifashions only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

well i thank you for the info and i WILL reformat!

once i do what are your recommendations on what to run ?

i just run avast free home version myself?(on your recommendation)

am i missing something?

do i really need more???

and i will try to be done with your brain for now much thanks

Here`s a list of programmes I recommend, some of which you`ll already have.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm Kerio or Comodo free firewall programmes.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ad-Aware se personal.

Spyware Blaster.

AVG Antispyware.

Ccleaner.

In addition to the above, I recommend you take a look at this thread HERE. It`ll show you how you can keep your system more secure.

Good luck with the reformat etc.

This thread is for the use of triiifashions only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks again
actually i have one more question lol

is putting the windows cd in the computer and reformatting as good as taking the hd out and formatting it in another pc and then putting it back in the original pc and reinstalling windows?

Reformatting with the hard drive in situ is absolutely fine mate, so there`s no need to put the drive in another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back