Windows 11 vs. Windows 10: AMD Ryzen Edition

Even after all the fixes, Windows 11 still takes 2 times longer to boot up.

For me, that alone is reason enough to stay away from it. I'm on 5900X CPU.

Thank god there is no performance improvement in windows 11
that means you get the same virus prone and slow environment as with windows 7

The gaming performance seems better across the board with 11? Better minimum and average fps in all the games.

They write 2-5% better fps.

Now what will all the AMD users which already hate Win 11 do 😂

Good that windows 11 skews slightly better for Ryzen.

So if alder lake beats it, I don’t want to hear any excuses about an alleged Wintel conspiracy against AMD. I hope to see several generations of competitive products from AMD and Intel. The next few years will be very interesting in the tech space, and I’m looking forward to seeing the cpu designs from AMD, Intel, Apple.

The gaming performance seems better across the board with 11? Better minimum and average fps in all the games.

A lot of people dislike intel and prefer it to be 2nd best and don’t like the idea that intel might be coming back. Also, some of them paid marked up prices well above msrp for Zen3, so if alder lake beats it for less money, some people will feel some level of annoyance or grief. But new technology is always around the corner, and competition is great for the ecosystem. I’m more impressed with the platform upgrades offered by z690 and all the pcie lanes on the chipset… allows for some amazing I/o options.

However, I’m personally waiting for either Zen4 or Raptor / meteor lake to upgrade.

I am on 3950X and, really, it's all the same as on Windows 10 regarding boot time and all that. No problems with Windows 11 here.

A lot of people dislike intel and prefer it to be 2nd best and don’t like the idea that intel might be coming back. Also, some of them paid marked up prices well above msrp for Zen3, so if alder lake beats it for less money, some people will feel some level of annoyance or grief. But new technology is always around the corner, and competition is great for the ecosystem. I’m more impressed with the platform upgrades offered by z690 and all the pcie lanes on the chipset… allows for some amazing I/o options.

However, I’m personally waiting for either Zen4 or Raptor / meteor lake to upgrade.

Same, Alder Lake is very interresting but the platform is not ready and I bet it will improve alot of the months, meaning that Raptor Lake will be much better than Alder Lake (Software will be ready, DDR5 has matured, +25% IPC and Intel 4 proces instead of Intel 7).

However I might even wait for 2023-2024 before I upgrade my platform. No rush at all.

I have 5900X @ 4.7 GHz and 9900K @ 5.2 GHz and both performs flawless, I don't really see any point until we see some true leaps over "current gen" and I doubt Alder Lake will bring "leaps"

Quality comment right there.

Anyone who wants to be beta tester for a new OS that was just released and had / has obvious issues (besides the Ryzen specific bugs) can do so.

Assuming someone hates a piece of software just because it causes problems with the hardware they are using otoh…

Haven't been able to notice the boot time being any slower on Windows 11 with my 5900X. I did do a clean install and not an upgrade so that's the only reason I can think of that may have a negative impact on other people.

Haven't been able to notice the boot time being any slower on Windows 11 with my 5900X. I did do a clean install and not an upgrade so that's the only reason I can think of that may have a negative impact on other people.
Nope, I upgraded and anyway I don't have any delay while booting up my rig.

So even before the fix, gaming performance was almost same as windows 10

Benchmark from other sources probably forgot to turn off VBS on windows 11 thats why you might see lower gaming performance. But techspot shows that Ryzen performed well before the fix and slightly better than windows 10 after the fix

AMD fanboys do not have any excuse now if both alder lake and Ryzen tested on windows 11

Last edited:

Fresh install for Win 11 on my machine and it boots faster that when I had Win 10 on it. Something isn't right if it takes twice as long.

How often does one boot up?

AT least!!, once per year.

All of the caterwauling, lying, carping about conspiracies has become straight up lying. That garbage was so uncalled for, I would have already kicked every one of the malcontents permanently off the board.

Thanks for your investigative technical work, Steve it's appreciated and thanks for the youtube content.

Later gentlemen, I'm signing off this snakepit the complainers stoic level of pathos is unbearable.

Wouldn’t it be more prudent to test the CPUs with a 3090 instead of a 6900XT as the 3090 drivers have a much larger CPU overhead. And ~85% of the market are using those drivers.

Waiting for 5 or more minutes for coffee is ok ... I'm loosing time for booting my pc in 12 seconds !!!!!! speechless.............

Im on a 3800X with a Asus Prime X570-P and the boot times are just about identical. So far, I haven't noticed any differences in time to load anything. Games and apps all feel the same, Im sure there are some differences, but yeah nothing stands out.

Back