Windows 2000 Admin login password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have forgotten the admin password on my home PC which is causing real problems. I am aware that there are several password recovery programs out in the market, but to be honest, I don't really want to spend any money!

I roughly know what the password contained so everytime that I enter the password in, Windows 2000 seems to think about letting me in (takes around 10 seconds) does this mean that I have a close match?

If I put in something else which is not remotely close, it says no straight away.

So, does this 10 second delay mean that the password is close?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers :)

PS. My system doesn't have any CD Rom or Floppy drives as it's a terminal system which I am looking to upgrade. Plus, I cannot gain access to the BIOS boot settings due to password protect!

I know next to nothing about Win2k specifically, so can't comment on the win2k admin password, but with regards to the bios password, have you tried clearing the cmos, since this is where the password is stored.

Sure, it'll wi[pe out the BIOS settings, but at least it'll let you back in to set it up again - even if it's a case of hitting F7 to load failsafe defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back