Windows 64 bit ShellHWDetection critical error need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutiny

Well i have been hunting down these errors on my computer and i have eliminated 90% of them except this one. I know what it is and what it does, i simply do not know how to deal with it. My system is windows xp 64 bit, a8r32 asus motherboard, ati radeon x1900xt, ram 2 gigs of ddr1, amd athlon 64 x2 4800. I assure you it is not my cpu or ram it most likely has to do with my graphics card and definitely windows system is causing this error i just dont know how to deal with it. Detail explanation now:

Event Viewer 4 critical system erros that always apear 2 min or less before crashing. Error code 0000000000000050, parameter1 ffffffffffffff89, parameter2 0000000000000001, parameter3 fffff8000102e30d, parameter4 0000000000000000.

This being the most recent of the critical errors by about 2 seconds is just a notice that my computer crashed and a kernal dump was left behind.

The windows image acquisition (wia) service depends on the shell hardware detection service which failed to start because of the following error: the account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. <--last sentence is error 1079

This is the hard one, i don't know why i cannot access the shellhwdetection(not sure quite what it is) but it is also know as svchost.exe. This error is 2-3 seconds behind when the computer actually puts a kernel in the error above this one. It shows error 1079 which says about another acount specified for this service. There is only my log in account and the admin account. I have tried running the process in admin mode in the dcom config. This file number under dcom config b1b9cbb2-b198-47e2-8260-9fd629a2b2ec. I am assuming this might have to do with sound configuration but i am not sure.

\systemroot\syswow64\drivers\gearaspiwdm.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

I have read up on this and nothing is suppose to boot from syswow64 so i know thats not good but the drivers always install there. It is also a package that comes with my ati catalyst drivers and this errors pop ups 1-5 minutes before the crashing error. They show 2 of these errors at the same time in event viewer. I do not know what to do, i am at a loss and been having this problem for a very long time.

I would like to know if anyone can tackle this problem i have attempted many ways to fix this, so i might tell you that i have already taken that path. I would greatly appreciate any help at all. My last resort is to delete the shell hardware detection but i do not know how to delete this. Also i have reformatted my computer just recently without any extra programs. Critical window drivers are crashing too. Here are 4 minidumps to help analyze. Once again thanks any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Mutiny

I would suggest you should 'downgrade' to 32-bit XP.

As you are finding, MS has little incentive to bug-repair the 64-bit version until it reaches critical mass. There are currently shortages in support for many common programs, there will never be any driver development for older kit, support from manufacturers of new kit is patchy at best, yet the 64-bit version is very stringent in what it will allow to work.

My advice is that since you have only 2Gb ram, you dont really need 64-bit Windows, so why use it? Take it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back