Windows 7 - Sound issues driving me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacratto

Hi everyone! Newb here :D

I've uninstalled Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits to Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bits because of this.
I've updated my drivers, uninstalled them and reinstalled them several times but still no change including my OS.
This happens everytime something is loading , the sound starts stuttering and lagging really bad, videos on YouTube playing on fullscreen look choppy and slow and the game performance is HORRIBLE. The sound issue seems to be solved once i change the windows theme to Basic but the other problems are still there.

I'm not sure what could be the cause of the problem, everything used to run just fine!
(I've also deactivated my Wireless USB Adapter)
This are my specs.

2GB Ram, Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHZ.
500GB HD
Geforce 8800 GT Overclocked
Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers

Please, i would appreciate any help!

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I'm running windows 7 32 bits but the issue is stil there.

this is my mobo
•Manufacturer: Asus
•Motherboard Name: IPIBL-LA
•HP/Compaq motherboard name: Berkeley-GL8E

It's not clear to me if you installed all the motherboard and other drivers from the HP website when you installed Windows 7 32 bit. Did you go to the Nvidia website for the graphics driver?

Yes, i have the newest drivers as for the HP drivers, i'm not able to install any because it gives me the "You need to be an Administrator..."
This is the exact message. "You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update. Update has been cancelled. (9999)" :(

Are you the only user on this computer? If so, go to Control Panel, User Accounts, and make sure your account is the only account listed and that your account is listed as an administrator account... It sounds like you are not the only user and that your account is limited

I can tell you this much.... It's not a audio problem, its not a RealTek driver issue.

Also here are the latest WHQL Realtek HD audio drivers. download these
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Realtek-HD-Audio-2.41-Driver-download-2462.html

The problem is that it's a HP and also that the motherboard is a cheap one,

Having said that, you need to make sure intel chipset software is installed you can find it at www.guru3d.com

Also you have 2GB of ram so 32 bit OS is for you. If you have more then 3.2GB ram you need 64 bit

Also fyi it's a micro board. gl let us know

Thanks Tweakboy, did everything you told but the problem is still there... I updated the chipset drivers too, i just can't figure out what the problem may be....
Edit: I tried playing with the Latency Checker and i found after "Deactivating" My video card the problems stopped. I'm sure my video card is causing the problems, still i don't know what to do to fix it.

Ok solved the problem, by opening the bios and changing the "Primary Video Adaptor" from "PCI E-X1 to" PCI E-X16". Lagg is gone. If anyone is having the same problem hope this solves it! :)

So did this computer have another operating system on it before you installed Windows 7? I'm asking also, if you played with the bios before installing Windows 7?

So did this computer have another operating system on it before you installed Windows 7? I'm asking also, if you played with the bios before installing Windows 7?

It had Windows Vista Ultimate installed, after upgrading it to Windows 7 i made an extra partition to install XP. And no, i didn't changed any setting on the BIOS before, until now. Anyways... this actually fixed the video and sound lagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back