Windows Cannot Update

Spottyfriend

I wasn't sure which section to create this thread under, but its a windows error so I thought this the best place to start.

For sometime now, every time I shutdown my computer it has attempted to install 4 updates, and every time, it has failed. This wouldn't be a terrible inconvenience, only it does lengthen the otherwise extremely speedy shutdown time of my Windows 7 running computer.

I have also had continued balloons telling me 'new updates available' and when I attempt to install them without simply shutting down, it gives me the error code 80070002.

I have tried everything suggested by Microsoft here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-update-error-80070002#1TC=windows-7 but to no avail, so I come to you, if you can help me.

For me I first went to 1. administrative tools ->services and disabled windows update service. 2. Go to c:\windows\software distribution 3. I deleted everything in this folder. 4. go back to administrative tools-> services -> windows update and re-inable the service.

Once I also faced the same problem and I observed that my windows 7 CD had been corrupted after that I installed a genuine windows 7 CD for my laptop.

For me I first went to 1. administrative tools ->services and disabled windows update service. 2. Go to c:\windows\software distribution 3. I deleted everything in this folder. 4. go back to administrative tools-> services -> windows update and re-inable the service.
I'm afraid this had no effect, the error still shows.

Back