Windows keeps blocking software problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinlw

Hi everyone, my problem is every time i attempt to download telewest blueyonder instant support tool after it prompts to install active x i get the message windows blocked the software because it cant verify the publisher.I cant make sense of it i had it on the computer before and their was no problem downloading it.My daughters computer with windows xp sp2 which is the same as mine downloaded no problem.The xp firewall is off and the pop up blocker,because i have norton internet security.Would reinstalling internet explorer 6 be any good in case it is corrupted. :giddy:

Look in IE under Tools/Internet options/Security Settings Change button. That's where ActiveX is set to allowed/ask/off.
It is probably off.

try going into Internet Options and click the Security tab.
Then click the "Custum Level" button. And enable this option, "download unsigned ActiveX controls"
try that. If it works, after you are done put the security back to the default level, cus having that option enabled all the time is dangerous.

You probably told the verification/authenticity program to never trust that company.
Try this:
To restore the Publisher authenticity confirmation dialog box

1. Click Start > Run.
2. In the Run Dialog box type the following, and then press Enter:
control inetcpl.cpl
3. Click the Content tab, and then click the Publishers button.
4. Select telewest or blueyonder in the list, and then click Remove.
5. Click OK, and then OK again.

I have now found out what the problem was,after uninstalling IE6. microsoft info and reinstalling the security settings internet which i had not noticed were static before began working so i could use the custom button and it now downloads the software at last,anyway thanks for your help. :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back