Windows keeps losing connection with itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Ive had this weird problem for a few months now and just decided to mention it. It seems that windows will randomly lose connection with everything on desktop and I cant get into anything. Then when I go to restart it or log off, it seems to revert to the non-welcome/no users listed screen setting even though its set to the welcome/user names settings. I also noticed that when this problem happens all the desktop icons/shortcuts go to 227 bytes in size, no webpages will load even if its already open, no folders can be accessed and the "start" in the start menu disappears with nothing in there being accessible. Whether its related or not, I also noticed that scandisk always seems to check one of my partitioned drives even though nothing comes back wrong or is scheduled. Our virus checks come back negative, scandisk is negative, windows reg errors are negative and we just tried today the system restore option and that didnt fix anything as well. Any ideas on what this bizarre problem could be coming from? Thanks.

What is your system spec's? while the probem could be software, ie; damaged or missing system files. it could also be hardware induced. PSU voltages erratic, ram going bad or mobo acting up. on the software side try running system file checker. put the XP CD in the drive and open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow this will run system file checker and replace any damaged or missing systemf files. if that makes no difference then start testing your ram, (Memtest) also download SpeedFan and check the stability of your PSU voltages.

When I try the Scan now, I get the error message "0x000006BA RPC server is unavailable". Whats this mean as it seems microsoft knowledge base doesnt have and answer to it.

It means you have problems. windows may be corrupt, if so Your looking at a reinstall or at least a repair install of windows. It is very possible that this is being caused by faulty hardware. you should test our ram ( memtest) and your hard drive ( download your hard drive makers diagnostic software from their site.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back