Windows reboot - minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, actually I joined today and I need help with my machine. Sometimes it crashes with a very short BSOD. As I said it does not reboot that often, but still it's very anoying so i attached 5 minidump files in a zip and hope you guys can help me out here, 'cause I don't know how to analyze those dmp's.

I suspect it might be the network adapter, 'cause i had few reboots when working with SmartFTP. I use a DSL connection and bought recently a new MB and graphics card (lightning strike :( ). I installed the drivers from the included MB CD for the chipset and ethernet.

The machine never crashed in a game or anything like, the machine reboots while working in desktop during my usual work. The CPU, MB and graph. card temperatures are normal, and I use AD-Aware Professional, AntiVir Personal edition and ZoneLabs. OS is WinXP Corporate with SP2 integrated.

Excuse my bad english

Thanks

Tir Anasazi said:
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, actually I joined today and I need help with my machine. Sometimes it crashes with a very short BSOD. As I said it does not reboot that often, but still it's very anoying so i attached 5 minidump files in a zip and hope you guys can help me out here, 'cause I don't know how to analyze those dmp's.

I suspect it might be the network adapter, 'cause i had few reboots when working with SmartFTP. I use a DSL connection and bought recently a new MB and graphics card (lightning strike :( ). I installed the drivers from the included MB CD for the chipset and ethernet.

The machine never crashed in a game or anything like, the machine reboots while working in desktop during my usual work. The CPU, MB and graph. card temperatures are normal, and I use AD-Aware Professional, AntiVir Personal edition and ZoneLabs. OS is WinXP Corporate with SP2 integrated.

Excuse my bad english

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Techspot Forum

Your dump shows your PC crashing out due to ALCXWDM.SYS this is the AC'97 Audio CODEC created by avanced logic, the suggestion is to update your soundcard driver by going to the manufacturers website.

There are several posts on this in google suggesting it is an outstanding problem with XP, heres the link ..

Regards

Thank you very much. I've just downloaded the newest diver package for Realtek Audio AC' 97 (ver. 3.91). After installation I'll test it for couple of days to see if the system is stable now. It will take some time 'cause the reboot did'nt hapened that often. I hope this was the one and only problem.

:wave: Adios

Well, I've been testing the machine since the driver reinstallation, and it runs excellent. Thank you very much for the solution.

Tech Spot rulez :bounce:

Tir Anasazi said:
Well, I've been testing the machine since the driver reinstallation, and it runs excellent. Thank you very much for the solution.

Tech Spot rulez :bounce:

Glad to hear it, I now have 1 successful minidump analysis and fix under my belt ...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back