Windows rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

Hi everybody,

My computer randomly restarts. I have take a look into Systems logs and I found this message:
[FONT=Segoe UI]The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Details[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]System [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]- Provider [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI][ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI][ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]EventID 41 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Version 2 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Level 1 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Task 63 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Opcode 0 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Keywords 0x8000000000000002 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]- TimeCreated [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI][ SystemTime] 2013-08-20T18:04:50.537210600Z [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]EventRecordID 3881 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Correlation [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]- Execution [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI][ ProcessID] 4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI][ ThreadID] 8 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Channel System [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Computer GDLW7EDEEF.bakernet.com [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]- Security [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI][ UserID] S-1-5-18 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]EventData [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]BugcheckCode 0 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]BugcheckParameter1 0x0 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]BugcheckParameter2 0x0 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]BugcheckParameter3 0x0 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]BugcheckParameter4 0x0 [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]SleepInProgress false [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]PowerButtonTimestamp 0 [/FONT]

I think this problem could be by a Hardware fail, I have disabled Automatically restart on "Startup and Recovery" section for create a minidum file but system freezes. I get a BSOD whit this information:
"A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer"

What can I do to identify the hardware that is failing?
Regards,

Test the hard drive by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

Hi Tmagic650,
Sorry for my delay, I was testing my PC after test the drive (seems like not issues found) and windows rebooted again a few minutes ago.

I get a BSOD with this error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Okay, go into Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Startup and Recovery, Settings. Uncheck "time to display a list of operating systems". Reduce "time to display a list of recovery options" to 5 seconds. Uncheck automatically restart and change "write debugging information" to small memory dump (256KB) This will stop the auto restarting and speed up your boot times. It will also make it easier to post any minidumps produced

Hi Tmagic650,

This problem was solved. The problem was caused by mctkmd64.sys driver (Magic Control Technology UVTP100 USB to VGA adapter). The solution was to replace current driver with an old version (Good version Trigger External Graphics Family 11.10.1014.0179). Thanks a lot for your help, I identify the problem using a minidump file.

Hi
I have same issue too. but every time I log on from sleep it happens to me. it s the same error code ......first I re install a new windows and even I format my entire hard!but it still happens again.help me plz

Back