Windows SBS Server 2003 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble installing windows small business server 2003 on my server.

I currently have Windows Server 2000 on the machine. I recently bought more memory and a bigger hard drive to handle more space.

The problem I am having is when I go to boot from CD to delete the partitions, I get a "blue screen of death". This happens after everything loads then at the bottom it says "windows is starting up". I tried removing the new hardware and trying it that way, no luck. I have tried just using the new hard drive, with no luck. The CD works just fine on another computer. I also have tried to put in a Windows XP disc just to clear the partitions.

All I am wanting to do is to format my current system so I can install the new operating system on it. I have already taken all the files I need off the server.

Can someone help me??

It is often mentioned on this site that it is a good idea to allow the installer to fdisk, partition and format the C: drive itself.

I would try a boot off a download and .iso CD of a partition manager such as gparted and use it just to clear all partitions and boot sector, then try the install CD again.

Another thing though, what do you mean by 'after everything loads'? if you mean after all the initial install processed, there is a crash....then you probably need to take the option (early in the install process) to install the motherboard drivers...especially if the drive is SATA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back