Windows Server 2003 auto restart - Event ID 1005 / 1001 (Source Save Dump)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormace

Hi All,

urgent help require. recently i am facing big issue that my server auto restart itself. When i check the Event show as below:

Event ID:1005
Source: Save Dump
Description: unable to produce minidump file from the full dump file

Event ID: 1001
Source: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description: the computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was 0x00000027 (0xb550d76c, 0xb550d468, 0xb550d468, 0x8846165e). A dump was saved in C:windows\memory.dmp

Please advise and hope able to provide me a better solution to avoid my server restart itself again.

Thank You.

Without seeing the minidumps this is your error per auhma.org:

0x00000027: RDR_FILE_SYSTEM
This is a rare and fairly obscure error condition. Memory management issues can be one cause, and adding additional RAM commonly will resolve this version of the problem.

Hi,

How are i going to sent the minidump file to you for troubleshoot or do i able to diagnosis the dump file myself?

Memory management issue?Are you mean my server is out of memory during peak hour, in other word to many processor at one time till out of memory....currently i am running Win Srv 2003 Std edition and i already maximum the memory to 4GB.

Kindly advise.

Your solution is very grateful for me.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Note: If you only have one or two minidumps you can attach them as is without zipping.

I'll attempt to read them and see what they say is your probable cause. Be aware that often the dumps will only cite Windows OS drivers as the cause and these are usually too general to be of much help.

We'll take it from there and if I can't help further I'll ask someone else to step in with more experience.

Hi,

Here are the minidump file for your troubleshoot. Hope nothing serious.

I will appreciated that you can give me solution to solve this issue to avoid this case happen again.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Mini102709-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 7
Your error is 0xA and they can be caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for and thus resulting in system crashes.

Here are drivers of note and three are Windows OS but because of their commonality they are helpful, I believe, in this case.

The driver netbt.sys (networking) is preventing three other drivers from loading.

NDIS.sys which deals with networking.

tcpip.sys which is used to access the whole IP Protocol. It has to do with the internet/networking and controls the maximum number of TCP/IP connections.

The last driver is b57xp32.sys which is a Broadcom Ethernet - NIC driver.

* There is a very good possibility that either a) you need to update your NIC drivers or b) the NIC card is faulty.

HI,

Vista Drive netbt.sys? Are you refer to Windows vista driver?

i did a diagnosis check thru on the DELL utility but the status is PASS (OK). is there posssible i can try to use another network adapter port since my server have dual network port. Kindly advise.

And also i will try to update the latest network driver.

Duh-me! Why I wrote Vista I haven't a clue. However, it is netbt.sys which is an Operating System driver for Windows.

Trying another network adapter port would definitely be a good diagnostic step. Let us know how the driver updating does for your Broadcom.

* By the way, don't keep making new posts while you have an active one. The mods have a tendency to frown on this. ;)

Hi,

Which option should i try first?

Option A : Update the driver or reisntall the driver
Option B : Change network port (should i disable the first port before i move to 2nd port of nework adapter.?)

** Well noted. My other post also urgent all under event notification. Sorry.

Option A. First reinstall and then if that doesn't help then update.

I take it your system is a DELL. If so go through their website and find your server model. Update from their site.

Ok, well noted.

Will try it out and monitor.
Yes you are right. I AM using DELL server.

** by the way can you check for me on my other post? Event ID 104 and 1030.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back