Windows Tweaker won't work

I've used the "Ultimate Windows Tweaker" several times in the past & it's always worked flawlessly. But yesterday I had to reinstall Windows 7 & I'm still in the process of getting the computer back to "normal". I moved my most important programs & files to an external hard drive before the reinstall, knowing that some may not work after transferring them back to the C drive & Windows Tweaker was one of 'em.

So I downloaded Windows Tweaker again, but when I try to use it, I get this error message: "A device attached to the system is not functioning." But that's not true -- the only devices "attached to the system" are a solid-state external hard drive, my modem & both are working just fine. I have no Wi-Fi anything, everything is hard wired. But until I can figure out what the problem is I can't use Windows Tweaker.

IMO, one should NEVER use a tool like Tweeker, as you never know precisely what is getting changed or why?

I thought I had posted what I found that was causing the problem, but evidently not & now I can't remember what it was! But Windows Tweaker is working again & yes, you do know precisely what is getting changed because you make changes manually. And if you set a System Restore point before you start, if you happen to mess anything up making changes, you can always return the computer to the state it was in before you started. The program is really handy & I'm real happy that I can use it again.

Back