Windows XP 64 install issues

ok heres my issue i am trying to reinsstall windows xp 64 bit
and i keep getting the same issue over and over
missing drivers folder windows/system32/drivers went there tried to make the folder and it says can create due to redundancies this is a new disc anyone have any tips on how to fix this issue????
i am running intel I7 920 at 2.67 ghz
and 8 gigs of rams any tips or tricks? i wouold be ever greatful

Have you checked the install disk to see if the drivers folder is there if it is you don't make a folder you either use the recovery console and copy the folder from the install disk to the c:/windows/sytem32.

files

yes i checked the disc i just bought this windows xp 64 disc lol first time ever buying windows products it is the real deal installed it twice before due to needing to reformat now i am finding the issues as i go seems to be a sata hard disc order issue but thank you for your input

Do you have SATA drivers on a floppy so you can hit the F6 key at the appropriate time?
that may the issue. Wehn installing on older HP workstations xw4400 I had to have the Intel Matrix Storage manager drivers so i could chose the controller. I also ahd to set to ACHI in BIOS before starting. But when I did the xw4600 with the HP media I had no such problem.

Back