Windows XP and Nero 6.6 Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone has seen this and how to fix it. I have tried this on at least 4 systems now.
Running Windows two of them had SP 1 and two of them with SP 2. In all cases I has Nero 6.3 and then upgraded to Nero 6.6.0.8.
After installing Nero 6.6 I did not like the fact it wanted to do everything from playing movie files and other things so I wanted to uninstall it and reinstall Nero 6.3.
In every case once I uninstalled Nero 6.6 no matter if I reinstalled 6.3 or tried this before reinstalling, I can not longer get into manage my computer, Can get into administrative tools but nothing in there will work. Also can not do a system restore point prior to the date I installed nero 6.6.

The ONLY fix I can come up with is to reinstall nero 6.6 and then everything works but I do get an error in event log about incd helper not starting.
Two of the machines are running XP home two of them XP pro.
I want to install nero 6.6 and find a trash can for it and put Nero 6.3 back on but also need to be able to manage my computer and see event log.
I have has several other people try this same thing and in all cases once 6.6 is uninstalled you can not manage your computer.

Anyone else ever see this??

On my XP/SP2 I have successfully installed Nero 6.6.0.8a. Works like a charm.
This was on a fresh XP install, after SP2 and all MS-updates. I did not install InCD though.

I saved this info a while ago, maybe it is of help to you:
How do you deinstall Nero manually?
As a general rule it is not advisable to deinstall Nero manually as the uninstaller of Nero carries out the deinstallation correctly as a general rule. If you have found this not to be the case, then you can also deinstall Nero manually. Please proceed as follows:
Deleting the directories:
Deleting the Nero-directory.
Deleting the Multimounter-directories if present.
If you do not know where to find the directories mentioned, then you just have to look for the file NEROSHX.DLL
(Start->Search->Files/Folders). In the directories found, there is either Nero or the Nero Multimounter

Delete the other files
Nero-driver:
In Windows 95/98: NEROCD95.VXD (in the Windows\System\IOSUBSYS directory)
In Windows NT: NEROCDNT.SYS (in the WinNT\System32\drivers directory)
Link with the Nero.EXE file of the start menu:
Right-click on start, then click on Explorer and finally in Explorer on Programs. In that, remove the entry Nero - Burning ROM .
If you are working in Windows NT or in Windows 95/98 with several profiles, then probably for every user of the link you have to Nero file can not be deleted yet. Here it is recommended to use Start->Search->Files/Folders to search for all files whose name starts with Nero - Burning ROM and to remove them.
Removing the registration entries:
Deinstallation entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nero - Burning ROM Entry with the path to Nero:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\nero.exe Entries to registered components:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2E9D3540-211C-11d0-A5F2-00A0248C37BE}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{2E9D3540-211C-11d0-A5F2-00A0248C37BE} HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\{2E9D3540-211C-11d0-A5F2-00A0248C37BE} Through Nero registered file types (file endings)
(all in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT)
.cdc, .hdb, .nhf, .nra, .nrb, .nrg, .nrh, .nri, .nrm, .nru, .nrv Then presumably all entries from NeroAudioType until NeroVideoType Registration entries of Nero itself:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead
If you are working in Windows NT or in Windows 95/98 with several profiles then you would have to delete the entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead for each user Possibly also the following registration entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Nero or NeroStart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back