Windows XP, bluescreen, Machine_Check_Expection

Hello.

I get this error when i try to start up windows
STOP: 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x80546EF0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

I had a broken motherboard and i replaced it with a new one.
Than this error startted to come up.
Formatted windows and re installed it and it worked about 4 restarts and after that i get same error again.

Often i dont even get BIOS beep sound and the computer only runs fans and stuff but not actually start up.

I have a CD ubuntu that i tested and it works fine, but i want XP.

So if some one know about this broblem and can help me i would be happy.
I dont know the motherboard model im sorry for that, any idea how to find out

XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and and is defined as... This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump file (created by BSODs) with thiserror code give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

If you have tech friends try to work together by following this link's advice: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

Though it says 0x124 it is the error code that replaced the older 0xC9 for Vista and Windows 7. They are essentially the same.

Ok

Ok thank you for the info.
I relized something very odd today. the computer was off all night and today i started it and it worked fine and i relized that when i take the power cabel off and put it back the ocmputer wont work and it only works if i wait about 30 min and that is very odd.

I dont tink i have the resources to start finding out what the broblem is so i tink i just buy a new computer.

When i take Power cable out of the computer and put it back the computer wont wont go to bios or anything it just runs without beep sounds or nothing.

After i keep it closed about 30 min and try again it works and i hear beep and it starts to work again.

Back