Windows XP support costs are 5x higher than a Windows 7 system

That's surprising, because XP, its problems and solutions are well known by most users and support providers.

The problem with Windows 8 is the Metro interface, that will put a lot of enterprises off straight away, tbh I've no plans to be moving to it after testing preview as it looks like it could well be Vista mk 2. I do tend to skip every other release of Windows anyway, got better things to do with our network.
As for XP support costing more, I can see where they're going with that, our W7 client infrastructure has been rock solid compared to our previous XP clients, which needed an intricate spiders nest of patches, hacks and workarounds to get things to work properly.

And its still smaller than the Corsair Voyager.. The Voyagers have had decent write speeds compared to a majority of drives on the market, but I've always been off-put by the sheer physical size of them.

And its still smaller than the Corsair Voyager.. The Voyagers have had decent write speeds compared to a majority of drives on the market, but I've always been off-put by the sheer physical size of them.
I like to think I stray as far, or further off topic, than anybody at this site. But with this offering, you win, hands down. "The king is dead, long live the king"......:p

So M$ has stooped to a "feel sorry for us, it costs a lot of money to keep XP running" approach, to sucker people into upgrading to Windows Vista II?

I like to think I stray as far, or further off topic, than anybody at this site. But with this offering, you win, hands down. "The king is dead, long live the king"......:p
lol, indeed. That comment somehow ended up in the wrong thread, it was meant to go here: https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1tb-usb-stick-announced.188775/

I just tried to move it to that thread, but it appears I do not know how, or our moderation options are more limited with this 'new' board.

Hopefully, they'll do the right thing, and no longer require you to activate it. Hey, if you're going to "disavow its existence", then we shouldn't have to run home to "mama M$" to get her permission to play with it.. After all, they're not going to patch our boo boos, or wipe our noses anymore, now are they?

Back