1TB USB stick announced

bobcat

9e1c4p3.jpg

While CES is known for bringing a storm of new gadgets, just a few products really stand out each year. On Monday, Kingston announced one such device. In Las Vegas this week, the company unveiled the world's first 1TB USB stick. There was such interest that visitors had a hard time getting near Kingston's booth.

Set to launch during the first quarter of this year, the drive carriers both the DataTraveler and HyperX brands. Officially named the DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0.

The DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 offers read/write speeds of up to 240MB/s and 160MB/s, is SuperSpeed USB 3.0 certified and is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0.

Kingston also has a 512 GB version in the market, which is priced at $1,750. But no price has been announced yet for the 1 TB model.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/1T...DataTraveler-HyperX-Predator-USB-3,20278.html

EDIT: I don't know what's going on with the images on this board. I could see the image in the preview but not in the posted message.

If the 512MB is selling for $1750, I'd be willing to bet the price will around $3000. Either price is more than 10 times what I'm willing to pay. I think I can continue dealing with external HDD's.

If the 512MB is selling for $1750, I'd be willing to bet the price will around $3000. Either price is more than 10 times what I'm willing to pay. I think I can continue dealing with external HDD's.

Actually It's 512 GB (Gigabyte) but yeah that is expensive for me too. I consider $100 to be expensive so no chance of me purchasing this even if I had the money. Just wait, this time next year it will be half the price.

Back