Wireless Internet - annoying problem

Hello!

I have a very annoying problem with my wireless internet at home. I cannot access internet BUT i have full signal strength and I can access my router settings by entering 192.168.1.1 in my browser.
Weird fact is that I sometimes have excellent internet (20mbs), this usually lasts for one or two days and than my internet is gone, every time..
I usually fix the problem by resetting my router, but I want to know how i can really fix the problem. Maybe i need to change some router settings.
What I already tried: - update firmware router
- change channel

My router: Linksys WRT54G 2.4ghz

Pleas help me!
Thanks.

A total removal of all related components, then a clean install, following the Linksys instructions totally to the letter should get you up and running.
Very little we can do here, but we can try if you tell us your brand and model of computer and all components.

Did it ever work well?
What is your internet connection.... brand? speed? details?

psst: OS: OSX Leopard That's a Macintosh 10.5 system. Windows techniques will not suffice :wave:

Hopefully you are connected via Ethernet and not the WiFi - - so disable the radio portion altogether.
You don't need to support your neighbors so stopping the radio will reduce useless router activity.

On my wife's Mac, instead of recycling the router we just unplug the Ethernet cable and wait 30sec before reattaching it.

Thanks for the reply's!
But I suddenly fixed my problem, changed something in the router's DNS settings and it's up and running for a few days now.

Back