Wireless Internet won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazer07

I am using a dell inspiron 1520 laptop running windows vista OS it has built in wireless capabilities but the laptop wont connect to the inernet for some strange reason ive tryed disconnected and reconnecting multiple times it worked the 1st time and never again ive looked at my network settings to see if anythings wrong but it all seems fine. I am using a linksys wrtg router if that helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... i didnt knwo what forum to post in so i posted in 2 sorry

Are you using AVG?

Did you try doing a System Restore to date right before this happened?

No its using mcafee security centre. No i havent tryed that as it was previously turnt off by someone so there are no previous restore points. Thank you for your reply but do you have any other suggestions?

So you have never been able to establish the connection. Were you ever able to get the router configured? Just having wireless capabilities on the system doesn't guarantee you the connection. I would like to suggest the Network Magic program to you. I use it- made the purchase right off, after trying unsuccessfully to network two computers:
http://www.purenetworks.com/product/pro.php

It will help you set up the network and map it for you. A lot of what we recommend are free products. I advise purchase of this program if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back