wireless modem/router can't route to printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moved across town in DFW and now have SBC DSL. They gave me their 2Wire modem/router and I'm confused about something. As long as my computers (macs and PCs) are connected to the modem/router with ethernet cables, I can print to my old Laserjet 4000n with out any problems. But as soon as I go wireless with any of the computers, I can no longer see or connect to the printer that is still hardwired into the 2Wire unit. When I had Verizon DSL the modem/router they gave me was able to allow wireless printing from my laptops to the hardwired HP Printer feeding into a Westel modem/router.

Can anyone tell me is this is the nature of the 2Wire units? Why do the computers (Macs and PCs) still see each other when wireless but they can't see the laserjet? Do I need to change some settings in the modem to allow the wireless laptops to see the wired Laserjet? like I said, as long as everything is connected with ethernet cable I have no problems. The printer is always connected to the 2wire modem router.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back