Wireless Network Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
I have a linksys Wireless-n router WRT300N.
I am using a sify connection with LAN. A friend form my LAN and i use software called RADMIN for remote administration.
The day i started using my Wireless router, he is not able to log into my PC but i am able to log into his PC.
I have ip address of 10.10.127.125 and his ip address is 10.10.127.145
When connected with router my PC gets an Ip address of 192.168.1.100.
following are the settings on my router.
2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

I tried to disable all the security options but it was of no use.
The default port for RADMIN is 4899 TCP. Plz help!!

You need to open ports for that Remote Admin to work correctly. It should tell you which ports. I don't use that software anymore, since you got it free with XP Pro Remote Desktop works much better..

Btw nice Pictures, more users should follow your lead :)

Thank you for the reply "tipstir".
The software actually helps us to operate the computer as if it is your screen.(like VNC-http://www.realvnc.com/what.html)
That is not possible with Remote Login as ony one user can log in at a time.
And from where can I open the port 4899 TCP??
As this is a Cisco product, does it follow the cisco IOS commands for "access list"?

First, why did you install that router? For wireless? You should have gotten an accss point instead.. And even with this Linksys, the setup should be different.

OK. Assuming you don't want to change what you have.. In this configuration you have to set your PC to have a static IP address from the 192.168.1.x range. Then you set up port forwarding on the Linksys (in Applications and Gaming) so that the Radmin port is forwarded to your static IP.

It's not a Cisco product, it's a Linksys product. Cisco bought Linksys, but this doesn't mean that they fired all the Linksys engineers and threw away all the Linksys designs to make their own from scratch. Linksys is consumer-oriented not-so-crap, Cisco is business-oriented very good equipment.

Thank you, thank you !!
Nodsu, You are so PRO!!
It worked man!! Now he is able to log into my PC!
I thank you for this!!

Sushant Kanikdaley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back