Wireless not connecting every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have the following:
cisco access points
dell 510 notebooks with intel wireless nic
novell

problem: system will connect to the wireless one time and allow logging into novell and windows before getting to desktop. the next time you have to use windows login only do to system can not find network. the proset says it has a valid ip address but we can not email, internet, or connect to network. once we disconnect from the wireless and reconnect everything works fine. then thing work correctly for maybe a week then we have to repeat the same steps again to make it work again.

Sounds like both Novell and Windows.. Do you login to Novell Client then Windows? Why haven't you migrated to Active Directory and still use NDS?

We are a novell shop. have been for over 11 years. we are moving to AD this summer but still have this problem to resolve

PLogan said:
We are a novell shop. have been for over 11 years. we are moving to AD this summer but still have this problem to resolve

On the wireless laptops, have you changed the binding order for provider and wireless connections. I am trying to remember the last client that used Novell in mix environment with Windows XP Pro laptops using VPN and wireless. Novell laptops had to be configured differently. IPX is all setup correctly in the binding order? In this case Novell goes first, on top and lower section wireless LAN goes first. Something else needs to be done otherwise it won't work. Let me check into it?

NIC cards - network connections
click on advanced - advanced settings on each laptop. If I can find the data I'll share with you the answer to fix your problems?

Each site is different one minute novell/windows client then next windows AD environment. Novel limit on groups so that's way you'll have to move up to AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back