"Wireless PC card" adapter? USB or External type ll slot or ANYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for usb or serial external PCMCIA type ll slot.

Now what im tring to do, is...

I currently use my cell phone with a data cable to connect to any computer as a modem. then i can dial out using a special service from alltel called Acess mobile link (slightly higher speeds than regular dialup and this eliminates the middle man and i have unlimited data download) Anyways... they also offer a PC card for type ll slots (common on laptops not on PCs) witch is setup to basicaly do the same thing that my cellphone is doing only i can not find any thing that would allow me to use the card with out having a type ll slot. ANYTHING would be nice. like a "usb adapter" would be nice, or even an "external type ll slot".

Any ideas besides "buying a laptop" would be nice

Not sure if I am understanding your right or not....

But would something like THIS do the trick?

It'll give you a type II PCMCIA slot in the back of your computer.

YES! But......

YES.... and thank you for responding....

Ya i guess i did make that confusing but you hit it on the head!!
Except.... I use numerous comps. so I need a portable slot ...external usb or serial... is that even posible... thanks for your help!!

Not sure if those exist. Question, when you say numerous computers, are they all in the same room(ish)? You could hardwire connect them all (or even wireless?) so they share the internet connection? Just a thought.

Otherwise install one of those slot adapters into every computer you need and carry around the PCMCIA card with you? There are cheaper adapters than the one I linked you to. That one has two slots plus some other toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back